Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...the indication was that Martinez turned the rs down so it would be perfect for us from that perspective. I wouldn't take somebody directly from a foreign club. It will be bad enough having to cope with a culture change, never mind join a club with no money to spend.

...the indication was that Martinez turned the rs down so it would be perfect for us from that perspective. I wouldn't take somebody directly from a foreign club. It will be bad enough having to cope with a culture change, never mind join a club with no money to spend.

Who cares? He wasn't offered the job anyway, they had talks and both parties were lukewarm at best about the move. If Hodgson turned down Liverpool would that make him a good choice for us? Beggars belief.

I was commenting on wigan not everton though.

Someone had implied that wigan fans wouldn't be grateful to martinez for winning the cup next year when they wouldn't be in the prem any more.

And I find that kind of laugable, it's a very everton view, not at all the way wigan fans would see it.

You cant compare Wigan fans to Everton fans tho, half of them dont even like football.

Who cares? He wasn't offered the job anyway, they had talks and both parties were lukewarm at best about the move. If Hodgson turned down Liverpool would that make him a good choice for us? Beggars belief.

He was offered the job.

He turned it down due to not wanting to work with a Director of Football.

As ive been told so many times by abuse already in work, this week alone :lol:,and that we are going down etc, etc, because moyes has left-they know nothing,never have and never will.
so when Moyes was with us, he was a bad manager, now hes left, we are a bad team. seems about right for Liverpoo.

Moyes is gonna make the RS lives worse when he continues with Ferguson left.

David Moyes has spent eleven years basing his team around hardworking players who put in a shift for each other with a "never say die" attitude we have all became accustomed to when watching Everton. All the players Moyes has brought in fit into this category and that is what makes the team work so well, for example we could not have gone and bought Berbatov when Fulham did because I believe the other players would start asking questions why he is allowed to slack and they can't, therefore the team would start putting in less of a shift.

Whoever comes in to replace Moyes cannot be someone who is introducing a completely different style of football because this would mean Moyes has wasted eleven years installing his brand of professional, hard working, team players.
One thing I don't want to see is the Everton spirit going out the window and I think with a manager like Martinez it would because he is not the type of character to push the players hard, for me he has become accustomed to defeat with Wigan and therefore he doesn't have the anger of defeat anymore.

We need a manager who goes by the following principles.

Hardworking, tightnit, team players,
Pressing, energetic, control, overlapping fullback style
Doesn't take defeat lightly.
The fear/respect factor (which managers like Martinez don't have)

Basically I believe we want someone close to David Moyes and I would really like to have a student of the game like Tuchel.

Last edited:
David Moyes has spent eleven years basing his team around hardworking players who put in a shift for each other with a "never say die" attitude we have all became accustomed to when watching Everton. All the players Moyes has brought in fit into this category and that is what makes the team work so well, for example we could not have gone and bought Berbatov when Fulham did because I believe the other players would start asking questions why he is allowed to slack and they can't, therefore the team would start putting in less of a shift.

Who ever comes in to replace Moyes cannot be someone who is introducing a completely different style of football because this would mean Moyes has wasted eleven years installing his brand of professional, hard working, team players.
One thing I don't want to see is the Everton spirit going out the window and I think with a manager like Martinez it would because he is not the type of character to push the players hard, for me he has become accustomed to defeat with Wigan and therefore he doesn't have the anger of defeat anymore.

We need a manager who goes by the following principles.

Hardworking, tightnit, team players,
Pressing, energetic, control, overlapping fullback style
Doesn't take defeat lightly.
The fear/respect factor (which managers like Martinez don't have)

Basically I believe we want someone close to David Moyes and I would really like to have a student of the game like Tunchel.
Or Bielsa

He was offered the job.

He turned it down due to not wanting to work with a Director of Football.

I dont know if Martinez was ever offered the job but I can guarantee Rodgers had signed the contract over a week before it was officially announced and Martinez was still being talked up for the position in the papers etc. My one and only ITK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back