Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you believe Dave Whelan? He had a meeting on Thursday with the owner of Liverpool in Miami," Whelan told BBC Sport. "I think they have made some kind of offer.

*think* *some-kind-of* - clearly he was not sure about what sort of offer had been made, and he and Martinez are apparently close. The word offer doesn't mean it was outright said we want you as manager. I think it's a case of small-time chairman/manager trying to 'big' themselves up in the media just because Liverpool wanted some sort of talks.

I trust sheeds tho, if he says they offered him the job, they offered him the job.

Hes not 1 for porkys and has no reason to lie.

'We must educate people,' Martinez told the Daily Mirror. 'In five or six years, we [Wigan] reap the benefits. Maybe I won’t be there then.

'But this is not why I stayed, when Liverpool made me an offer.'

He added: 'I stayed because my chairman is unique.

Meanwhile :

However, Martinez's claims are contrary to those of Liverpool co-owner Tom Werner.

The American, talking to the BBC last week, claimed that while a number of people were spoken to about the position vacated by Dalglish, Rodgers was the only one to receive an offer.

Werner said: 'We engaged with a number of very experienced football people whose names have never been mentioned. We ended up focussing only on Brendan Rodgers. We never made an offer to any other manager.

I guess it depends on who you want to trust, the serial liars deluded kopites or somebody like Martinez who always comes aross as an honest decent chap.

I don,t know if Martinez is a liar or not, frankly it make no odds to me but if you have watched his interviews over the last 2 years he talks gobs of ****e.

Something which will become apparent if he is the next Everton manager...you can take that to the bank.

I'm absolutely convinced that he was offered the job , in fact to go further I think he pushed the dalglish sacking on because he was approached by villa and he contacted the RS to ask what they wanted and if they were actually interested . There were loads of issues involving the director of football and whether he bottled it or not but he was certainly the top target , not that I'm bitter but I lost a fortune on it .

You going to recoup your losses on our next boss Sheeds ??

I'm absolutely convinced that he was offered the job , in fact to go further I think he pushed the dalglish sacking on because he was approached by villa and he contacted the RS to ask what they wanted and if they were actually interested . There were loads of issues involving the director of football and whether he bottled it or not but he was certainly the top target , not that I'm bitter but I lost a fortune on it .

I believe you fella.

Anybody but Benitez to be honest. I'm not really qualified to critically assess managers, there's plenty of people been mentioned who I'd have over him.

It's not about success, it's about having a bit of pride and dignity, something which is a hallmark of our club.

And I'd say no. Because there's not even a 1/1000000 chance that Benitez would manage to achieve that with our club, so it's not something I can really consider.

But even so I'd still say no.

Let's use an analogy. Imagine someone you despise has a pretty fit girlfriend, she's all "Haha you ugly [Poor language removed], you'll never get someone as good as me". A few years later low and behold she's been f*cked off for sniffing coke and spending all her BF's money on utter sh*te, you've gotten a bit fat, your hairline is receding and you think, "I could have a go of that, afterall, I probably won't get any better"

Yeah?

For some who haven't tasted success, you stand by your principles and pretend you're number 1 fan. For me, success comes before everything, the ability to witness your team lift a major piece of silverware out does anything and everything, that feeling that overcomes you of pure pride and joy

I don't get your analogy, basically because I'd nail her. I'd empty my ball bag and be happy that i've shot my load.

I don,t know if Martinez is a liar or not, frankly it make no odds to me but if you have watched his interviews over the last 2 years he talks gobs of ****e.

Something which will become apparent if he is the next Everton manager...you can take that to the bank.

Can you give me examples of him talking poo poo?

Im just curious, hes always came across as a decent fella to me.

I trust sheeds tho, if he says they offered him the job, they offered him the job.

Hes not 1 for porkys and has no reason to lie.

Mate I lost about as much as his mate won and I know people who lost probably 10 times as much as me . The trouble is who knows what happens , shearer walked out of an interview at Cardiff having taken the job and got home and within 3hours had changed his mind , allardyche had shook hands on Newcastle but Glenn roeder did well as caretaker and raneri had the city job but a delay in the takeover meant he took juventus and eriksson got it.

Like everything in football things are fluid and change but I'm absolutely convinced he was their number one target

Mate I lost about as much as his mate won and I know people who lost probably 10 times as much as me . The trouble is who knows what happens , shearer walked out of an interview at Cardiff having taken the job and got home and within 3hours had changed his mind , allardyche had shook hands on Newcastle but Glenn roeder did well as caretaker and raneri had the city job but a delay in the takeover meant he took juventus and eriksson got it.

Like everything in football things are fluid and change but I'm absolutely convinced he was their number one target

Ive said for a while, the ITK business is a tough 1, things change every hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back