Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how you did that all from memory.

It's a little dodgy incidently, because footballing inflation means comparing figures from 2002 to now is unfair and by doing an average I'm tresting them both as equal.

But I've also ignored how finishing high up the table gets prize money which means some of those purchases are self funded so eh.

Or Bielsa

That's a good shout mate.

I remember watching his Chile team play Spain at the last World Cup. Spain couldn't get the ball off them and were outplayed and outpassed for long periods. Chile, FFS!!! This was a team with the likes of Beausejour from Wigan in the starting 11. Chile lost 2-1 in the end, but it was more because indiscipline than anything else, as they had a man sent off and made a couple of bad defensive errors.

It's a little dodgy incidently, because footballing inflation means comparing figures from 2002 to now is unfair and by doing an average I'm tresting them both as equal.

But I've also ignored how finishing high up the table gets prize money which means some of those purchases are self funded so eh.
I believe this time I won't make too much of a fuss about it.

Dave Whelan: needs to just polish that FA Cup and look after his broken leg now and leave Martinez to his own devices.

That's a good shout mate.

I remember watching his Chile team play Spain at the last World Cup. Spain couldn't get the ball off them and were outplayed and outpassed for long periods. Chile, FFS!!! This was a team with the likes of Beausejour from Wigan in the starting 11. Chile lost 2-1 in the end, but it was more because indiscipline than anything else, as they had a man sent off and made a couple of bad defensive errors.
Bielsa is apparently a bit of a maverick, but well liked by players who have played under him. His Bilbao team had some good youth and an exciting style. He's also not beyond the realms of possibility. I'd like to think he's been looked at, but who knows?

He tends to do the rodgers thing of having his team beaten 4-0 and then going into the interview and going on about how well they played and how he's optimistic.

But AF....isn't that a good thing? Ok, so he may be deluded or it may just be that he is constantly looking for the positive spin on things, even in defeat. That can help to raise players' morale again for the next match rather than focusing on the bad and looking for excuses.

I think he is inherently positive....and he has won a cup. For the last decade, many of us (myself included) have moaned about Moyes and his inherent negativity and the fact that we bottled big games...particularly in cups....and hence never won anything. Maybe we just need a manager with a more positive outlook now....

Dave Whelan: needs to just polish that FA Cup and look after his broken leg now and leave Martinez to his own devices.

A broken leg you say....thats suprised me. Dave Whelan....a broken leg...in the Cup Final with jumpers for goalposts....well I never....he's kept that quiet.

A broken leg you say....thats suprised me. Dave Whelan....a broken leg...in the Cup Final with jumpers for goalposts....well I never....he's kept that quiet.

I was literally halfway through posting a reply almost identical to that when I saw yours

Gus Poyet for me. Loved his playing style and has sufficient (IMO) experience to be let loose as a manager in the premier league. I mean nobody will really be good enough will they until they get a winning streak!

COYB

Sir

Whelan's acting like a nineteenth century mill owner. He needs to be told managers aren't chattel slaves and can move on without him 'releasing' Martinez.

OK, I do not pretend to be 'in the know' because Im not. But, I do know a few of Mark Hughes good friends and just letting you know that he is interested in the Everton job. God forbid he gets it, but im just passing on a little bit of info I have. I will add though as up to yesterday, as far as they are aware, no contact has been made between him and EFC - I hope it stays that way

OK, I do not pretend to be 'in the know' because Im not. But, I do know a few of Mark Hughes good friends and just letting you know that he is interested in the Everton job. God forbid he gets it, but im just passing on a little bit of info I have. I will add though as up to yesterday, as far as they are aware, no contact has been made between him and EFC - I hope it stays that way

He said on national tv that he was interested in it, tbf. Doesn't matter, we don't want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back