Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you call yourself an Evertonian. It was fantastic watching Everton lift the league, its something that'll never leave me and something you'll probably never see, thats why i'd eat my bollocks for success. Obviously the difference between us 2.

How is my dislike for a man who was idolised by our fiercest, most bitter rivals, a man who labelled us a small club, make me a sh*t fan? Just how?

I want success as much as any man, but there's ways of doing it. Hiring that [Poor language removed] isn't the way.

is right mate. Even the thought of it...oh my

I know mate. I just don't get it.

So sad that people are advocating getting Benitez in. Selling our soul on the off chance it gets us some silverware, no thanks.

What makes it even more pathetic is the fact he would never ever consider coming here, simple reason being he doesn't like us.

if we lost our manager to man utd and replaced him with an ex liverpool manger id certainly start smoking crack , as the world is surley coming to an end.
never ever ever in a million years would i have expected to read everton fans asking for Rafael to join us.have you no dignity ?

How is my dislike for a man who was idolised by our fiercest, most bitter rivals, a man who labelled us a small club, make me a sh*t fan? Just how?

I want success as much as any man, but there's ways of doing it. Hiring that [Poor language removed] isn't the way.

I know mate. I just don't get it.

Who do you want then????

In theory, if someone offered Benitez taking over and winning 4 pieces of Silverware in 6 years what would you say?? Would you still say no?

So sad that people are advocating getting Benitez in. Selling our soul on the off chance it gets us some silverware, no thanks.

What makes it even more pathetic is the fact he would never ever consider coming here, simple reason being he doesn't like us.

I reckon he would if we begged him mate.

Let's all head down to Caldy, make some big banners, stand outside his house and make our voices heard!

Since 2006 Rafael has won nothing, apart from 2 friendly competitons the team had already qualified for, and this is with spending a vast fortune. He took over a team in a 4 horse league and twice in 6 years they finished outside the top 4. So we're does this notion come from that he guarantees trophies? He won 2 on pens out of 25 competitions entered with the ****e and in the majority of them they were one of the favorites. (lets fave it Gerrard won both them cups single handedly) There is no way on earth he could get us higher than 6th with no money. The Chelsea team he has took over with a good manager would have won the carling cup and UEFA cup and more than likely the FA cup, they would also have alot more points in the league.

He's spent on average £8million a season; he has had the financial backing that data is not accuarte. In each season he has sold one player for a big amount; Moses, Nzogbia, Valencia, Palacios.

Jesus, he spent £9m on Mauro Boselli and Jason Scotland

And Moyes spent £15m on Diniyar Bilyaletdinov and Per Kroldrup. Managers make mistakes.

Also, you say he sold a big player every year as though it's not something that would make his team worse.

You're right about Soccer Base not being very accurate though. According to Transfer League, which goes into much greater detail, his spending each season has been: -£15.3m, +£7.35m, -£1.8m and -£1.9m. Still not a lot of money at all.

Who do you want then????

In theory, if someone offered Benitez taking over and winning 4 pieces of Silverware in 6 years what would you say?? Would you still say no?
id say id rather fail in trying to win a trophey and still have pride and dignity than hire that fat spanish sweaty blob of a kopite tbh

if we lost our manager to man utd and replaced him with an ex liverpool manger id certainly start smoking crack , as the world is surley coming to an end.
never ever ever in a million years would i have expected to read everton fans asking for Rafael to join us.have you no dignity ?

Imagine him managing us in a derby, Suarez assaults one of our players and it's up to Benitez to fight our corner in the media.

Oh and thats before we even start on his persona. The most arrogant obnoxious manager ever, nothing is ever his fault always the ref/Ferguson etc suited them down to the ground

Laudrup as well, but he ain't coming and thats the only reason i'm backing Benitez. I'm unsure over the Porto manager, and Martinez makes me so uneasy, something just doesn't sit right with me

I don’t know anything about the Porto bloke really so couldn’t say. All I know is those leagues don’t tend to be as competitive as the English leagues because you have a lot of really small clubs amongst them. My mate is a season ticket holder at Sporting and I’ve asked him, but he’s not replied yet. I know he’s not been happy with Sporting though for a few years.

To be honest I think Martinez is getting an unfair ride on here. The more I hear him speak or hear people in the game speak about him, the more I warm to him. I think it’s unfair to judge him solely on Wigan’s results given how small a club they really are. He’s done an incredible job to win the FA Cup but then got relegated a few days later. It’s a tough one.

Why won’t Laudrup come? I honestly think if we made a move, the job could be attractive for him. Swansea are in Europe next season, but do they have the squad to be able to cope? Look at Newcastle this season. Their wage bill is ~half of ours, so the players you’re looking at are different. He’s jumped around a few times already in his managerial career, he may feel this is the right time to get out of Swansea, and with Everton having some big earners leaving and some saleable assets, increased tv money and a patient chairman, it’s certainly not a bad job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back