Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be a [Poor language removed], mate. I want us to win trophies just as much as you do.

But inheriting a team at the top and winning something with them is a different skill to building a winning team. The latter is what we need and Benitez has never done it. He's walked into rich clubs already challenging for trophies and seen them over the line in big games, now I'm not dissing that it's a fine achievment but it isn't what we need.

If we have 30 million to spend this summer would you want Benitez spending it? I won't. He can't build a winning team of his own without spending huge ammounts, he just can't. He's never done it.

He's walked into Chelsea and done a very good job, his win ratio proves that, and he's in a European final. He took over at Valencia, another good team and delivered 2 titles and European trophey.

If he walks into Everton, and we keep the same squad, he his walking into a very decent team that needs a few additions and different aspect on playing. Thats why I'm saying that out of the majority of people linked to the job, i think he would deliver something.

5 years ago I would never have thought I would be backing Rafael to take us over, but seeing some of the people being linked, and fans saying they want Howe, Ferguson, Holloway and Martinez; no not for me

Considering what's been said on here I decided to look into Wigan's spending over the years, as I'm sure I remember them backing Jewell and Bruce quite well:

Jewell

2005/06: +£4.15m
2006/07: +£5.6m

Hutchings/Bruce

2007/08: +£6.15m

Bruce

2008/09: +£4m

Martinez

2009/10: -£9.4m
2010/11: +£2.1m
2011/12: -£4.5m
2012/13: -£7.7m

I don't think he'd have been relegated had he been given the same resources as his predecessors.

Lads, it's going to be Martinez. I don't know about you but I'm going to spend the next three months desperately searching for reasons to be optimistic about this inevitable appointment. Feel free to help me out...

Considering what's been said on here I decided to look into Wigan's spending over the years, as I'm sure I remember them backing Jewell and Bruce quite well:

Jewell

Hutchings/Bruce

Bruce

Martinez

I don't think he'd have been relegated had he been given the same resources as his predecessors.

Check the wage bills, though. Jewell paid his players half of what Martinez does. That's why the differences in net spend to fund the increasing wage bill.

It doesn't make any difference, he still won La Liga. Thats what you don't get, he delivered silverware which is what I want.

In your lifetime what have you seen Everton lift?

I followed us right through the 80's mate and saw us win what we did. I want a trophy more than anyone and that's why I've wanted Moyes out since he gambled on persuading Arteta et al to stay and failed to achieve.

I just don't think fsw is the man to bring us any silverware. As AF said, he's never really built a team of his own. Ask any Chelsea fan and they can't wait to get rid of him. I said the other reasons I don't think he's a good fit earlier.

Jewell

Hutchings/Bruce

Bruce

Martinez

He's spent on average £8million a season; he has had the financial backing that data is not accuarte. In each season he has sold one player for a big amount; Moses, Nzogbia, Valencia, Palacios.

Jesus, he spent £9m on Mauro Boselli and Jason Scotland

Check the wage bills, though. Jewell paid his players half of what Martinez does. That's why the differences in net spend to fund the increasing wage bill.

In fairness though, 7/8 years is a long time and football wages have risen dramatically since then. You're paying a lot more for the same standard of player now. It's not as comparable as you make it sound.

In fairness though, 7/8 years is a long time and football wages have risen dramatically since then. You're paying a lot more for the same standard of player now. It's not as comparable as you make it sound.

Even relatively, Jewell had the third smallest wage bill each year. Nobody else in either of the seasons he was there spent less in combined wages and transfers and stayed up.

This is the first year since then when Wigan haven't had a bigger wage bill than at least three other teams. If agents are good at their job and players on more money are better than players on less, than wigan should have been good enough to stay up every year they did apart from jewell's two.

I followed us right through the 80's mate and saw us win what we did. I want a trophy more than anyone and that's why I've wanted Moyes out since he gambled on persuading Arteta et al to stay and failed to achieve.

I just don't think fsw is the man to bring us any silverware. As AF said, he's never really built a team of his own. Ask any Chelsea fan and they can't wait to get rid of him. I said the other reasons I don't think he's a good fit earlier.

It hurts like hell; all them feelings of winning stuff, being so close to kings of Europe, Mersey Millionaires and now fans want Eddie goddamn Howe in charge. I would sell anything for silverware

Who would you go for Ralphy??

I think every club's wage bill is much higher than it was six years ago, and I'd say the fact that most clubs have continued to fund transfers suggests it's more a result of TV revenue increases than anything else.

I wouldn't mind Martinez.

I don't see why he can't at the very least keep us where we are now but with EFC playing a different brand of football.

As for Rafael.

I wouldn't oppose him simply on the grounds that he is a former RS manager.

As that NSNO bloke says, who cares what a manager was at a previous club?

I just don't think Rafael is a good fit for us as he needs the old cheque book and he ain't getting that here.

And Bentiez won the CL with RS ffs. **** team, got lucky and won it.

Listen I don't care, argue with me util your black and blue in the face; I've seen Everton win the league twice, ECWC and the FA Cup twice; can you remember these days???

I am fed up of being a nothing team, I don't give a flying **** what he's done at other clubs, but between all the other crap that we are being linked to, he his the only one that has handled big occasions and big players as well as winning trophies against massive clubs.

I want to taste success again, maybe you don't, but i'm prepared to sell my soul to get it

You're no better than Luis Suarez you success hungry whore!

I'd rather eat my own bollocks than clap Benitez at our club. [Poor language removed] that.

Edit: And no, I'm only 25 and I can't even remember us winning the FA Cup. I suppose as you've seen us win things before then it's harder to accept our current position, as I've only seen us mostly rise from utter sh*te to a very respectable middle of the top half team.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back