Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pomp lad don't get so worked up. You've got an opinion that you think he'd be a great choice for us, they disagree. That's all it is.

Personally I think all this over him doing us over, I can't remember much about it happening. If someone can find a few examples of when he played for Croatia while claiming to be injured, then there would be some solid evidence and less of this boring disagreement.

Don't [Poor language removed] about with Deco now Pompy he will club you senseless with a curtain pole

It doesn't take that much research, have a look on Wikipedia, it explains it briefly there.

I would prefer seeing some kind of record of him not playing 2 matches for us, but playing for Croatia in between the 2 matches he missed. Going off Wikipedia isn't really my thing haha.

bluddy 'ell lads...leave this thread for less than 5 hours, come back to see what's new and there's 400 more posts to wade through.

most activest thread ever?

anyway...Pereira or Laudrup please, Bill.

The more I think about this:

1) We absolutely have to get this right.

2) No one candidate is perfect for this job. Every candidate has issues. I guess that right now, Laudrup would be the best decision but that's right now. That could change tomorrow.

I would prefer seeing some kind of record of him not playing 2 matches for us, but playing for Croatia in between the 2 matches he missed. Going off Wikipedia isn't really my thing haha.

exactly Deco. It never happened.

Does anyone else think we will go into the season with Phil Neville and then take back Moyes at Christmas after United have fired him?

I think whoever the next manager is, it has to be someone who can take us to the next level - challenging for the Champions league instead of challenging for the Europa. Ideally someone who also has a history of winning titles/cups.
I really don't think Martinez is that man. I haven't watched a Porto game for about 10 years, so can't comment on their coach but on paper (and this forum) he sounds like he ticks all the right boxes.

Whoever it is, it needs to be more than just a journeyman coach like O'Neill or Hughes

He was due back in camp for the start of training on 5 July 1999, but Everton finally realised the fiscal impact of paying him £27,000 a week for another 3 years, and decided to cut their losses, effectively giving Bilic free reign to strike his own deal anywhere he could. Bilic's agent went off negotiating his own deal with Harry "Barra Boy" Redknapp for a return to Upton Park, possibly for a cut-price fee. However, just as this ridiculous move was about to be completed, it all fell apart. It appears that West Ham had concerns about his long-term fitness, and doubts about securing insurance following Slaven's pelvic problems.

Not wanted by Everton or West Ham, Slaven returned to Croatia in August 1999, where he tried to resurrect his career prospects, and stayed in training. It should have been no surprise, then, when he turned out for the Croatian national team against Ireland in September... but that caused a furore among Evertonians convinced he was a malingering wastrel swanning it in Zagreb while Everton continued to pay his huge
wages.

And later....

Bilic remained in limbo for the next 5 months, awaiting the decision of Everton's insurers regarding a career loss payout which could have seen Bilic retire early, and benefit to the tune of £3M.

In the event, a somewhat more reasonable agreement was finally reached by the end of February 2000. Everton agreed to give Bilic a £1M payoff, representing around half of the balance remaining on his lucrative contract, which still had 28 months to run. Bilic signed up with his home club, Hajduk Split, just 48 hours later!

http://www.toffeeweb.com/players/past/Bilic.html

Last edited:
this sounds increasingly depressing but just get someone who can wins us cups, we're not going to improve on this league position with no moyesey, unless we're very patient with the new gaffer coming in.

unfortunately after someone has been so successful it usually means the next lad comin in job is harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back