Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez said he never exspected his team to be relegated,he should know the first target is 40/41 points
And go from there, looks like he took his eye of the ball,

I'm surprised that both he and Bielsa have pretty much been ignored as options.

Yeah well I am going to keep banging on about him. As I posted about a hundred pages ago, he ticks all the boxes. Most importantly he seems to be able to balance attack and defence well...most of the other candidates are pretty heavily slanted one way or the other.

Moyes made us the best of the rest. With our budget it is impossible to go any further, no matter who the new manager is.

Moyes made us the best of the rest. With our budget it is impossible to go any further, no matter who the new manager is.

how do you define the best of the rest? It used to mean the best outside the sky 4. What is it now? The best outside the top 5? In theory anyone could make us best of the rest because all we have to do is move the goalposts every time when defining who the rest is. Maybe next season we'll be the best of the rest outside the top 8. That would be brilliant.

I'm sure the Board will draw up a short list and interview a few candidates. Whoever interviews best/convinces Bill he's the next Messiah will get the job. Giving up on speculating because it will all be very underwhelming.

Yeah well I am going to keep banging on about him. As I posted about a hundred pages ago, he ticks all the boxes. Most importantly he seems to be able to balance attack and defence well...most of the other candidates are pretty heavily slanted one way or the other.

Yes, he does seem to have a very balanced and sensible approach. With him having stated that he would like a crack at the PL and his contract expiring at the end of the season, I really believe he should be seriously up there in the top of our shortlist.

When it comes to Benitez, yes, he is very competent and does get results and wins stuff, but it's very simple: It would cause too much of a stir among the fans, like the Chelsea situation times 10. Would cause too much negativity in and around the club, it would just be bad for the club overall. In the current situation we need to stick together and rally the troops so to speak, not create division, vitriol and resentment*. In my opinion it's just a no-go, full stop.

*Yes I am aware that the fans will be divided to some extent no matter who takes over (as this thread shows), but there are limits.

I can't find the betting for our next manager on PP this morning. Has something happened we don't know about I wonder?

I use Oddschecker. Quite a few firms seem not to have put forward their odds at the moment. The market seems sketchy anyway - Martinez has come in on Betfair whereas Neil Lennon has moved to 5/4 and 9/4 favourite with Bet Victor and Sky Bet respectively.

I'm sure the Board will draw up a short list and interview a few candidates. Whoever interviews best/convinces Bill he's the next Messiah will get the job. Giving up on speculating because it will all be very underwhelming.

Well the last interview was with Moyes who he gave the job too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back