Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would prefer seeing some kind of record of him not playing 2 matches for us, but playing for Croatia in between the 2 matches he missed. Going off Wikipedia isn't really my thing haha.

http://greenscene.me/2012/06/ireland-v-croatia-match-history-2/
Croatia: Ladic, Simic, Bilic, Stimac, Kovac, Stanic, Soldo, Asanovic, Jarni, Suker, Rapajic.

http://www.evertonresults.com/match28081999.html
http://www.evertonresults.com/match11091999.html

Just for you, no problem.

http://greenscene.me/2012/06/ireland-v-croatia-match-history-2/
Croatia: Ladic, Simic, Bilic, Stimac, Kovac, Stanic, Soldo, Asanovic, Jarni, Suker, Rapajic.

http://www.evertonresults.com/match28081999.html
http://www.evertonresults.com/match11091999.html

Just for you, no problem.

That's his doing? The club left him free to find a new club and tried to get rid of him in July 1999. He was never going to play for the club ever again after July 1999. You wasted your time digging up details that entirely miss the point. He was not living in the country after July 1999. He was not training with Everton. Do you get it.

Everyone knows the reality of the situation so it really doesn't matter what the manager brings on his CV, it's what he puts in to the job. We've got a solid squad that I'd like to see added to with 2 quality players (if we lost nobody crucial) and, if we can impose our game on the opp more (especially against the Norwich's etc), play the youth a bit more, see more passes like the one from Gibson to Mirallas against West Ham and just generally progress...then they're alright with me. I don't enjoy knowing these fairly meagre expectations are, in the main, the result of an apathetic board but I'm done raging at something I can't control.

That's his doing? The club left him free to find a new club and tried to get rid of him in July 1999. He was never going to play for the club ever again after July 1999. You wasted your time digging up details that entirely miss the point. He was not living in the country after July 1999. He was not training with Everton. Do you get it.

Come back if you ever find a clue.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Bilic aint coming lad, so you can stop this

DW: Martinez should aim higher

His talk is a bit irritating tbf x
I see this to be kind of psyc game towards Martinez him self. Whelan tries to convince M. to drop job that is on the platter for him.

2) No one candidate is perfect for this job. Every candidate has issues. I guess that right now, Laudrup would be the best decision but that's right now. That could change tomorrow.
Rene Girard is. Won the league on a shoestring against psg's billions, somehow turned olivier giroud into a 20 goal scorer. Plus a lot of other stuff.

I'm not going to drop this.

DW: Martinez should aim higher

His talk is a bit irritating tbf x
I see this to be kind of psyc game towards Martinez him self. Whelan tries to convince M. to drop job that is on the platter for him.
**** him. He's just bitter because 20 years from now the only time people will mention Wigan is in a pub quiz.

Does anyone know what sort of compensation would be owed to Wigan if Martinez came to us?

Many on here, myself included, would not be happy paying the reported £10m compo fee for Laudrup, and we know that eleven years ago we gave Preston £3m for Moyes.... I wonder if people would be so keen on Martinez if it emerged that we'd be looking at £5m in compo? Conversely, of those who are against his appointment, who would be more accepting of Martinez if the compo was revealed to only be £1m?

One of the compelling factors supporting Pereira's candidacy is that his Porto contract expires in a couple weeks, meaning no compo is payable. Rene Girard is also out of contract this summer, as is Marcelo Bielsa.

Possibilities with contracts until summer 2014:

Van Basten - Heerenveen
Koeman - Feyenoord
Clarke - WBA
Jol - Fulham
Zola - Watford
Mackay - Cardff

2015:

Tuchel - Mainz
Lambert - Villa

Poyet - Brighton

I presume the longer remaining on a a manager's contract, the greater the compensation due if we pinch him?

Sorry to bump my own post, but last night's RS wumming re Bilic seemed to divert the thread, and I'd be interested in people's answers re the above. For instance, I don't want Martinez but if his compo was smaller than I expected I'd be less against the idea than I am currently.

We have to bear in mind that money is tight, so a new manager can easily be ruled OUT if getting him proves so expensive as to effectively make them unaffordable, a la Laudrup.

Am I correct in presuming that the length of a manager's remaining contract with his current club is what determines the level of compo payable, barring a specific clause like Swansea have put in Laudrup's contract?

Bilic and Benitez ffs. Both quite able but, given the history, don't be ridiculous.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back