Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hasnt he only signed a 12 month extension? by the sounds of things he isnt planning on sticking around there for the long term GET HIM IN REDCOAT!

You do realise that every time you use that term you are giving ammunition to the very people you despise so much for supporting him ?

I don't think Moyes will leave. If he did it's a concern that Round, Martinez and Neville are the favourites to replace him (in that order). I liked Stuart McCall as a player and he's doing well to guide Motherwell into second place at the moment. He's coming to the end of his current contract but expecting to sign a new one before the end of the month. It would probably be too soon in his managerial career to come to us but he'd make the long list at worst. If we tried to get him to delay talks with 'Well Moyes might well get wind of it and decide to go his own way. We can't even make tentative enquiries until we know definitively whether Davey is staying or going. And, if he leaves it until he sees what money is available before committing himself, and then we need to recruit a new manager most of the summer transfer window could pass us by.

What worries me most is that we would have to pay compensation to get a decent manager. We are skint and not likely to pay much so if Moyes does move on we will end up with either a promising lower league manager (Moyes mk2) or an crap manager who is without a club. Bill has to take some of the blame for letting Moyes run his contract down, I would have preferred to have been in a position where we would get a hefty wedge of compensation for Moyes services when another club come sniffing that we could use to get a decent manager. We are looking at either using a good chunk of our transfer budget to get someone decent or get someone who's not that good. Not good!

What worries me most is that we would have to pay compensation to get a decent manager. We are skint and not likely to pay much so if Moyes does move on we will end up with either a promising lower league manager (Moyes mk2) or an crap manager who is without a club. Bill has to take some of the blame for letting Moyes run his contract down, I would have preferred to have been in a position where we would get a hefty wedge of compensation for Moyes services when another club come sniffing that we could use to get a decent manager. We are looking at either using a good chunk of our transfer budget to get someone decent or get someone who's not that good. Not good!

In reality we're going to have to go for someone that's unemployed. Quite sad really.

some posts baffle me in this thread, the problem is kenwright, i feel sorry for moyes tbh.

we are ****ed when moyes moves on.

Again pure speculation. In reality no one knows for sure. It could equally be the making of the club. Moyes leaving isn't the end of the world

some posts baffle me in this thread, the problem is kenwright, i feel sorry for moyes tbh.

we are ****ed when moyes moves on.

so losing against wigan was kenwrights fault? so our squad would no way win that game? same with the semi last year ect ect.....?

kenwright is killing us slowly yes he is!

but

moyes craps him self in big games! great in the transfer market hence his very good squad but no trophy's in 11 years!!

oh look out theres a big game coming! AGAIN!!

i said this in another thread but i'd love someone from the continent. Preferably someone for the German League, would be a great follow-up to what Everton need to do. They have balanced books constantly throughout, they dont mind selling players to buy others, they blood in youth and they are definitely an up and coming league.

Again pure speculation. In reality no one knows for sure. It could equally be the making of the club. Moyes leaving isn't the end of the world

Youre right but its more like 10% chance being better off, 30% same **** different manager, 60% being worse off. Personally I dont like the risk and id like to see Moyes have a bit of cash first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back