Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Moyes Potential Replacement

Who do you want? - being realistic

• Roberto Martinez

Votes: 221 13.8%
  • Vitor Pereira

Votes: 594 37.2%
  • Neil Lennon

Votes: 40 2.5%
  • Di Matteo

Votes: 58 3.6%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 73 4.6%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 410 25.7%
  • Malky Mackay

Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily mate, I think there are plenty of managers that could come in and do a decent job with our squad.

Yep for half a season he'd possibly be on a par with Moyes, then a transfer window would come along, we'd sell Fellaini or Baines and give the new guy 5mil... Moyes of course would somehow keep the squad as strong or strengthen with this.. could the new guy? then we get some injuries (this is when Moyes really gets us winning games).. could new guy?
My money is on unlikely, not impossible, but improbable.
I'd put a bet than we'd start finishing lower down the league and likewise I'd bet that we go out to some ****e sides in cups as well.
Its all opinions but that's what reckon will happen to us.. I'd love to be wrong, Moyes goes, we bring in Martinez and not only doesn't he drag us into a relegation fight but instead wins us the league and some cups, the champions league and makes us a force to be reckoned with throughout the world.
I just don't think it will happen. Or even a single cup.

Wenger would deffo win us a trophy like.

Bradford 1 v 1 Arsenal (3-2 on pens)
Arsenal 0 v 1 Blackburn

I don't think people realise that since Wenger has actually had his spending properly restricted Arsenal have been entirely unsuccessful and have been on a slow but steady decline.

Last edited:

Not sure if he was mentioned here, but I would be very happy with Lucian Favre (current coach of Borussia M'Gladbach). Very good tactically and somehow who IMO can easily adjust to Premier League. Good knowledge of Germany and Swiss market would also be helpful.
Favre's teams play a dynamic, quick and attacking minded football where ball possession and change of tempo alternate. This attractive style of play has brought results in every club he has managed. Furthermore, Favre is very skillful tactically, leaving his opponents struggling to penetrate his well-organized sides.

Favre is also well known for his ability to develop talented young players and introduce them into the first team. Under his leadership, Blerim Džemaili, Almen Abdi, Steve Von Bergen and Gökhan Inler made their debut with the Swiss national team before signing for foreign clubs. In 2007, FC Zürich became Swiss champions with an average age of twenty-one years and a half. He is also credited with raising the game of German starlet Marco Reus whose fine performances procured a call up to the German national team and a high-priced move to league champions Borussia Dortmund.
From wiki :dodgy:

Moyes is a better manager than Wenger these days. Give him that Arsenal team and he'd do better than what Wengers doing. I reckon we'll get above them this year.

I don't think people realise that since Wenger has actually had his spending properly restricted Arsenal have been entirely unsuccessful and have been on a slow but steady decline.

Isn't it Wenger's "choice" not to spend Arsenals budget? Didn't he say he would rather build his team less expensive youth than spend massive amounts of cash.

He is on record many times so is that lad Gazidis saying how its up to him if he wish to spend and that they have full faith in him if he decides not too splash out big amounts as they believe in his methods of youth etc...

Its why so many Arsenal fans are turning on him now.

I don't think Moyes will leave. If he did it's a concern that Round, Martinez and Neville are the favourites to replace him (in that order). I liked Stuart McCall as a player and he's doing well to guide Motherwell into second place at the moment. He's coming to the end of his current contract but expecting to sign a new one before the end of the month. It would probably be too soon in his managerial career to come to us but he'd make the long list at worst. If we tried to get him to delay talks with 'Well Moyes might well get wind of it and decide to go his own way. We can't even make tentative enquiries until we know definitively whether Davey is staying or going. And, if he leaves it until he sees what money is available before committing himself, and then we need to recruit a new manager most of the summer transfer window could pass us by.

McCall's not ready yet, as for having Well 2nd I'd say that's to be expected when he has the 2nd biggest wage bill in the SPL and the 2nd best team.

Wenger would deffo win us a trophy like.

Bradford 1 v 1 Arsenal (3-2 on pens)
Arsenal 0 v 1 Blackburn

I think it's time for Wenger to step away from management for a while, but he's done well enough in the Champions League during Arsenal's lean spell to say he's still an excellent manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back