• Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
IT'S ON LADS!

wdcm.jpg

oh good lord, that's excellent

Doesn't count, as USA can't offer too many top-6 Premierclass players.

Our 11 offers technically-superior players. Klinsmann plays pro-active attacking football. His Germany played lovely stuff and reached the World Cup semi.

Klinsmann for Everton!

Loew was the tactician, not Klinsmann.

You don't want Klinsmann with Everton. And don't flatter yourself with our "technically superior" players.

Doesn't count, as USA can't offer too many top-6 Premierclass players.

Our 11 offers technically-superior players. Klinsmann plays pro-active attacking football. His Germany played lovely stuff and reached the World Cup semi.

Klinsmann for Everton!

Klinsmann to not Everton. Sure, Everton as a whole have more technical players than the US, but he was sacked at Bayern after not even a full season. Are their players technically inferior? With the US, the style has gotten worse. Germany made a World Cup semi in Germany. Hardly overly impressive for the Germans. They also made a final in 2002 and the semi in 2010 playing some lovely footy. He's credited for revamping their youth, but the youth in the team was already fairly developed. Add that to the cultural changes, and I don't see Klinsy as much of an influence. If we could get Lowe then great, but Klinsmann isn't great. And just so you don't forget, those technically inferior players finished ahead of your lovely English in 2010. I'd be hard pressed to say the US would finish tops of any World Cup group in 2014 with the way they're playing now. Unimpressed with Klinsy as a manager.

Loew was the tactician, not Klinsmann.

I know, I've said that already on this very page:

I concede that Klinsmann had Löw as support for Germany back then.

And don't flatter yourself with our "technically superior" players.

No, seriously. USA players don't compare with top-6 Premiership players. There's a gulf the size of an entire division between them. Why else do past-it players like Henry, Keane and Beckham go there to play for their big clubs?

Germany made a World Cup semi in Germany. Hardly overly impressive for the Germans.

Believe me, we were mightily impressed with our 2006 performance...it even brought tears to our eyes (I'm German, by the way).

And just so you don't forget, those technically inferior players finished ahead of your lovely English in 2010.

Eh? My lovely English? Everton don't field 11 Englishmen, you know.

With the US, the style has gotten worse. I'd be hard pressed to say the US would finish tops of any World Cup group in 2014 with the way they're playing now. Unimpressed with Klinsy as a manager.

Kay20's post is more convincing why Klinsi is maybe not that great a choice after all:

1) consistently plays players out of position (we had a dmid at RM for awhile)
2) tries to put the "best" players in without thinking of the team dynamic (hence the dmid at RM) and tactical acumen
3) roster selections can be head scratching
4) appears to have lost the locker room, or close to lost the locker room
5) not good at adjusting tactics during the game - too many hold on and pray results

Hypothetical question here lads.....

Would you take a dissapointing internal like Stubbs IF the blow was cushioned with a shock announcement of a Rooney return???

Rooney is soooo over rated...... Always has been always will be....

I love all that f***ed up American terminology. Rosters, shots on frame, locker rooms. Brilliant :lol:

Lol.... Yeah I was having trouble understanding it...

Believe me, we were mightily impressed with our 2006 performance...it even brought tears to our eyes (I'm German, by the way).

Eh? My lovely English? Everton don't field 11 Englishmen, you know.

Kay20's post is more convincing why Klinsi is maybe not that great a choice after all:

Regardless how you get there, the end outcome is the same. Klinsy would be a poor choice.

Regardless how you get there, the end outcome is the same. Klinsy would be a poor choice.

Not necessarily. As I said before, our standard of players are in a different league to USA players. Klinsmann's style of play might work a lot better with technically-superior players at his disposal, in a much faster high-end league.

Vitor Pereira urged by Porto fans to "stay"

Has Bill called him yet? We all know the answer... asleep at wheel.

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Porto/interior_premium.aspx?content_id=822992

Foi um dos mais ovacionados na noite da festa do tricampeonato, feita no Estádio do Dragão, algumas horas depois do apito final na capital do móvel. Assim que Vítor Pereira foi chamado ao palanque dos campeões, montado propositadamente no cimo do “cogumelo” que em dias normais de jogo serve de bilheteira, ouviu-se uma estrondosa salva de palmas. Muitos adeptos, a uma só voz, aproveitaram ainda o momento para fazer um pedido: “Fica, fica, fica...”

Bring on Stubbs.

Not necessarily. As I said before, our standard of players are in a different league to USA players. Klinsmann's style of play might work a lot better with technically-superior players at his disposal, in a much faster high-end league.

I reiterate, he was sacked at Bayern after 27 or so league games in charge. Their technical players are better, and he had already lost 6 games and drawn 7 more....Style of play unsuccessful in Germany with the best they have to offer.

I reiterate, he was sacked at Bayern after 27 or so league games in charge. Their technical players are better, and he had already lost 6 games and drawn 7 more....Style of play unsuccessful in Germany with the best they have to offer.

Yes, but the politics at Bayern are tricky. They have ex-legends running the club.

Klinsmann's record at Bayern: P43 W25 D9 L9 F97 A55 GD+42 58% win rate

Not too shabby.

Klinsmann deserves a chance at a decent European club, where he'll be given time. If not Everton, then any club from one of the top 4 leagues. Just to see what he really can do.

Last edited:
Yes, but the politics at Bayern are tricky. They have ex-legends running the club.

Klinsmann's record at Bayern: P43 W25 D9 L9 F97 A55 GD+42 58% win rate

Not too shabby.

Klinsmann deserves a chance at a decent European club, where he'll be given time. If not Everton, then any club from one of the top 4 leagues. Just to see what he really can do.

Look at his league record and not Wikipedia. I'm pretty sure his Wiki stats have preseason and friendlies included in his record. Either way, what has he done to deserve that shot as you say? Before WC 2006, his German team didn't look good. They had their home fans behind them and made it to a semi. Then he didn't last a full season at the biggest club in Germany before losing his job and being criticized, and now he's done nothing to elevate the US side. He was a tremendous player, and I think he has some good ideas, but it doesn't show with his tactics or man management really. I think he'd be best suited running a youth academy or something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back