Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes to Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could see you's winning a mile off after it got to 2-1 seen it so many times

after seeing us throw away so many games last season I didn't, seen us make a meal of too many games where we play well for 45 mins but go behind. Today was very un-Palace

you must be fuming with the defending for the 3rd though. Unforgivable marking.

after seeing us throw away so many games last season I didn't, seen us make a meal of too many games where we play well for 45 mins but go behind. Today was very un-Palace

you must be fuming with the defending for the 3rd though. Unforgivable marking.

What did Palace fans make of Bolasie rolling his foot over the ball every time he receives it?

Hearing his thoughts on life at Sunderland it strikes me that he's in blame the owners mode: implying heavily that he's been left without resources.

Fastest way to the exit door that.

He has a point though Dave, between the board not backing him or any other manager they've had there in recent times and the team itself contriving to totally throw the game away I can understand his massive frustration yesterday.
You very rarely saw a Moyes Everton throw a lead away in such spectacular fashion.
They are as totally reliant on Defoe for goals as we are on Lukaku, Moyes has a massive job on his hands and like you I can see him getting bagged soon as the board there don't seem to have much patience with any of their appointments, nine in just under 5 years points to that.

He has a point though Dave, between the board not backing him or any other manager they've had there in recent times and the team itself contriving to totally throw the game away I can understand his massive frustration yesterday.
You very rarely saw a Moyes Everton throw a lead away in such spectacular fashion.
They are as totally reliant on Defoe for goals as we are on Lukaku, Moyes has a massive job on his hands and like you I can see him getting bagged soon as the board there don't seem to have much patience with any of their appointments, nine in just under 5 years points to that.
He's started the blame game there already. Not just with the chairman, but he's going public very early on with criticism of the players.

Trouble for him is that these are not the hand picked passive players he took his time scouting and signing for Everton. These players have zero allegiance to him and wont roll their sleeves up in a pinch to pull themselves (and him) out of a nosedive.

When a manager has the skids under him it's hard to stop the momentum and fall. And Moyes is looking like one now with a growing reputation for going to clubs and failing. Any allure he once had for stickability and grinding out hard working moderately successful teams is fast disappearing. If he gets the push from Sunderland he's finished in the top flight, imo.

He'll be plying his trade in the Championship with Preston or Bolton or some other North West club close to home shortly.

Have they got anyone to sell? That CH, Konte, been there 2 minutes. Been their problem for decades that. Jordan Henderson and Stuart Pearson are probably the highlights of players sold on for them.

When you look 20 miles up the road and the players Newcastle have sold on/produced, it is well odd.

17th would suit Short fine.
The "Brace" !

He's taking a Sunderland to a gunfight.

Can there be anyone under any illusion that this feller hasn't been found out since he left Everton? And even when he was here he produced the lowest top flight points total for 46 years and had us jumping up and down on the trap door that season until it was mathematically impossible to fall through it.

His period with us was marked by honest endeavour from the players and that's what he gets (and deserves) plaudits for. But he's always been a dullard manager incapable of adapting to the modern game and his time at clubs like United and Sociedad seem to have taught him nothing.

He's taking a Sunderland to a gunfight.

Can there be anyone under any illusion that this feller hasn't been found out since he left Everton? And even when he was here he produced the lowest top flight points total for 46 years and had us jumping up and down on the trap door that season until it was mathematically impossible to fall through it.

His period with us was marked by honest endeavour from the players and that's what he gets (and deserves) plaudits for. But he's always been a dullard manager incapable of adapting to the modern game and his time at clubs like United and Sociedad seem to have taught him nothing.

He's the Jack Rodwell of management Dave.

He's the Jack Rodwell of management Dave.

I have to laugh at Moyes. He's been at the helm of one of the biggest sports organisations on the planet (until they realised the nightmare error they made) playing football in the Champions League, and he's coached at a club in one if the most technical leagues in the world. But through it all he retains 100% of his dour determination to play football in the ugliest of manner.

He's like those early British tourists in the 1970s who made a point of sitting on continental beaches with a knotted hanky on their head and drinking Tetley Bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back