Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Moyes watch @ home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like he might be staying in Spain for a bit:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport...moyes-to-understand-hes-sacked-20151111103768

A SPANISH interpreter is finding it impossible to communicate to David Moyes that he has been fired by Real Sociedad.

The club terminated Moyes’s contract after poor results, but is struggling to convey the message to the Scottish boss who has accumulated fewer than five words of Spanish in his 12 months in the country.

Read Sociedad’s interpreter, Jorge Acosta, said: “I’ve used every English term for ‘fired’ and ‘hopeless failure’ I can come up with but Moyes seems more committed to the job than ever. He came bouncing in this morning and started laying down cones.

“I’m starting to doubt my grasp of the English language.

“We handed him a leaving card but he just kept saying that we shouldn’t have and that his birthday was in April.”

Moyes famously avoided being sacked by Manchester United for three months by putting his fingers in his ears and humming, so Real Sociedad are facing the possibility that Moyes will continue to coach the side even after a new boss is brought in.

No matter how much some of Everton fans don't like him anymore.

How many managers can say they have had a gig at Man United?

He will continue to coach for quality clubs.

Bolton, Blackburn, Preston - he should wait until one of those clubs come up. He needs to completely rehabilitate himself given his two ignominious sackings in the last 18 months.

No matter how much some of Everton fans don't like him anymore.

How many managers can say they have had a gig at Man United?

He will continue to coach for quality clubs.
Like Real Sociedad. Correct.
Maybe we need to define "quality"? I don't see him going to any Champions League club he thinks he is worthy of Managing. Best thing that can happen to him is he finds a fallen giant like a Leeds and gets them back to the Premier League.

Like Real Sociedad. Correct.
Maybe we need to define "quality"? I don't see him going to any Champions League club he thinks he is worthy of Managing. Best thing that can happen to him is he finds a fallen giant like a Leeds and gets them back to the Premier League.

Everton is a stronger/bigger club than Real Sociedad. Right?

But tip of my hat to them. they made it to the group stage of the Champions league in the 2013-2014 season. (they finished 4th in the la liga)

last time we managed to that was 2004-05 yikes! and we lost in the play off round lol

Last edited:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34970549

Moyes wants another go at managing in 'one of the major European leagues'.

You have to hand it to him, that's some brass neck he's got. Anyone else would be taking six months out and waiting for the Preston job to come up; not Wor Davy - he's determined to ruin another top flight European club.

Something tells me though there wont be a stampede for his services...unless some European city has a low flying pigeon problem they want solving.

To be honest I think he may have blow his chance. Sacked by Man Utd that was ok since they are massive but now he was sacked by a lower mid table Spanish side. Who is going to take a chance on him? Maybe Leeds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34970549

Moyes wants another go at managing in 'one of the major European leagues'.

You have to hand it to him, that's some brass neck he's got. Anyone else would be taking six months out and waiting for the Preston job to come up; not Wor Davy - he's determined to ruin another top flight European club.

Something tells me though there wont be a stampede for his services...unless some European city has a low flying pigeon problem they want solving.

Oh come on, you are seriously suggesting that Moyes isn't good enough to manage in one of the Top 4 leagues? You may not like him but he's a well regarded manager

Oh come on, you are seriously suggesting that Moyes isn't good enough to manage in one of the Top 4 leagues? You may not like him but he's a well regarded manager

Remains to be seen. With us he hit on a uniquely stable position with Kenwright that allowed him to plan and build with absolute authority. Plus he had a great scouting system. Taking a step back it's too early to say either way whether his main spell with us was his default level or not.

Let's put it this way mate: no El Presidente or Direktor von Fussball are going to take a call from Moyes' agent in a hurry.

His brand is toxic at that level. He's best waiting for Blackburn or Bolton to come up...or go back to Preston.

Let's put it this way mate: no El Presidente or Direktor von Fussball are going to take a call from Moyes' agent in a hurry.

His brand is toxic at that level. He's best waiting for Blackburn or Bolton to come up...or go back to Preston.
He is waiting for Celtic I reckon.
Hasn't got the bottle for a Prem job with an average side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back