Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think sometimes @davek method of communicating can mean people miss the point of what he's trying to communicate.

The point he makes is an important one, namely did we need another player of Schneiderlins type. I don't agree with him, but it's a worthwhile consideration.

Im afraid I just have a vision of going 1 better than Joe Royle and having 4 dogs of war volleying opponents into submission which brings a smile to me face!

It was essential to bring in a CM this window. Anyone who has watched us this season can see that.

Barry, despite playing brilliantly yesterday (against two players who are slower than him was a big factor in this), is getting very ineffective in the majority of matches.

Besic hasn't been fit for 5 consecutive matches since arriving.

McCarthy has big fitness issues and even when playing (in fairness has had a big upturn in recent form), hasn't been great for a couple of seasons. WRD has said today that Newcastle have offered him £95k pw (and I guess a substantial offer to us, maybe even similar to what we've paid for Morgan). He'll be gone.

Davies is brilliant but young, and we can't rely on an 18 year old in midfield.

Gueye is world class.

Morgan is the right age and has proven his quality. I really hope Besic comes back to play regularly but at the same time with his record we can't count on him staying fit.

Yes, we need more players which help breaking down teams. But that's one on many things we needed to add.

I dont see it. I think you're being way too dismissive of those players you say aren't functioning. It all seems to be based on worst case scenario: that those carrying knocks will never recover and that Barry is finished.

£24M for a 27 year old in a position we pretty much match up with any club in this league on in terms of strength in depth - doesn't sound like an A1 use of resources to me.

Because Barry can't play at the level of quality we want for more than 60 minutes a match now.

Because Davies is only 18 and may go through fluctuations in form.

Because McCarthy still hasn't convinced anyone he should be starting.

Because Besic is made out of glass.

Because Barkley might be preferred higher up the pitch.

:coffee:
Too dismissive of those players. In any case, I;m sure out of that lot and Gueye we can get two on the pitch each week and match any opponent up. It's not there that we fall down, it's further up the pitch.

I think sometimes @davek method of communicating can mean people miss the point of what he's trying to communicate.

The point he makes is an important one, namely did we need another player of Schneiderlins type. I don't agree with him, but it's a worthwhile consideration.

Im afraid I just have a vision of going 1 better than Joe Royle and having 4 dogs of war volleying opponents into submission which brings a smile to me face!

He does make a fairly valid point if you look past the fact thats hes a complete and utter, anyway.

Morgs was clearly identified earlier on in the Winter, at that time the middle of the park was GRIM.

Gaz Baz looked lost, Besic was dead, Jamo was picking up niggles left, right, we knew Gana was away, Gibson is worthless and The Clev was, well, being The Clev, Tom Davies was no doubt catching the eye in training, but it would be difficult to know the massive impact he would make so quickly.

So we get the deal done.

In that time Jamo comes back and looks a player again, Gaz Baz isnt TOTALLY dead, Besic is less dead, Gana is still away, Gibson is still wortless and thankfully The Clev was shipped out and Tom Davies keeps on rising.

Which I think means that Jamo will be moved on, which then leaves us with Morgs, Gana, Barry, Besic and Davies, 5 players for 2 spots, I suppose if anything it leaves you thinking 2 things, why did we pay 24m for a VERY talented player, in an area where we certainly have 2 VERY talented players and why the hell did we give Barry a new contract. And that can be pinpointed towards 1 thing, Tom Davies and the impact hes made, so basically, without Tom Davies, Morgs move wouldnt look as "silly" as it does to David.

Which would also suggest to me that Besic has not only has a fight for fitness, but a fight to remain at the club sadly.

But the crux of Davids argument is that he feels as tho Morgs was signed INSTEAD of somebody else, like Sigi for example, which I firmly believe is not the case, if we want another player, we will buy another player and as somebody else has said, we will trade Morgs for Jamo and The Clev, which seems a good trade in my book.

I dont see it. I think you're being way too dismissive of those players you say aren't functioning. It all seems to be based on worst case scenario: that those carrying knocks will never recover and that Barry is finished.

£24M for a 27 year old in a position we pretty much match up with any club in this league on in terms of strength in depth - doesn't sound like an A1 use of resources to me.

Besic has been with us for almost 3 years now mate. To rely on him would be foolish despite his obvious quality.

Barry is very much functioning but needs to be phased out because he can't go on forever.

McCarthy hasn't been all that since Martinez's first season. If you had to choose between Morgan or McCarthy who would you pick?

No brainer for me considering injuries, form in the past few years, and that Morgan fits Koeman's system.

In fairness mate I think you just need to give Morgan a few games to show what he brings to the team. I'm not sure what you're basing him on if you don't think he improves us.

He joined United as one of the best midfielders in the league, played a good season under a manager who didn't play him in the right style, then had the past 5 months barely playing.

In what club outside the ones who have literally hundreds of millions to waste in each position do they have 6 functioning/soon to be functioning players at CM who are vastly experienced or with great potential now coming to fruition?

Answer: none...apart from Everton. Now we are about to add a 7th to the fold...while we have zero creativity around Lukaku...who we just happen to rely on to keep our heads above the dross?

Ha Ha.
Dave. Most of the midfielders have been inherited by Koeman and it is clear there are a number of players in the squad that he feels are not good enough. It looks as if he is prepared to lose McCarthy in the summer at the latest, Barry is coming to end of his footballing career at a high level and Besic seems to be always injured. Davies is still only 18 and cannot be expected yet to carry midfield as yet.
In any event, I would think that a club with ambition would be always trying to improve the quality of its players and the manager seems to rate Schneiderlin highly.
I would have thought you would approve of us improving the quality in our squad.

He does make a fairly valid point if you look past the fact thats hes a complete and utter, anyway.

Morgs was clearly identified earlier on in the Winter, at that time the middle of the park was GRIM.

Gaz Baz looked lost, Besic was dead, Jamo was picking up niggles left, right, we knew Gana was away, Gibson is worthless and The Clev was, well, being The Clev, Tom Davies was no doubt catching the eye in training, but it would be difficult to know the massive impact he would make so quickly.

So we get the deal done.

In that time Jamo comes back and looks a player again, Gaz Baz isnt TOTALLY dead, Besic is less dead, Gana is still away, Gibson is still wortless and thankfully The Clev was shipped out and Tom Davies keeps on rising.

Which I think means that Jamo will be moved on, which then leaves us with Morgs, Gana, Barry, Besic and Davies, 5 players for 2 spots, I suppose if anything it leaves you thinking 2 things, why did we pay 24m for a VERY talented player, in an area where we certainly have 2 VERY talented players and why the hell did we give Barry a new contract. And that can be pinpointed towards 1 thing, Tom Davies and the impact hes made, so basically, without Tom Davies, Morgs move wouldnt look as "silly" as it does to David.

Which would also suggest to me that Besic has not only has a fight for fitness, but a fight to remain at the club sadly.

But the crux of Davids argument is that he feels as tho Morgs was signed INSTEAD of somebody else, like Sigi for example, which I firmly believe is not the case, if we want another player, we will buy another player and as somebody else has said, we will trade Morgs for Jamo and The Clev, which seems a good trade in my book.

What is wrong with you? Who are these people? You're dead to me Goat. Dead, you big Wool.

Besic has been with us for almost 3 years now mate. To rely on him would be foolish despite his obvious quality.
Barry is very much functioning but needs to be phased out because he can't go on forever.
McCarthy hasn't been all that since Martinez's first season. If you had to choose between Morgan or McCarthy who would you pick

No brainer for me considering injuries, form in the past few years, and that Morgan fits Koeman's system.
In fairness mate I think you just need to give Morgan a few games to show what he brings to the team. I'm not sure what you're basing him on if you don't think he improves us.

He joined United as one of the best midfielders in the league, played a good season under a manager who didn't play him in the right style, then had the past 5 months barely playing.

I'm sure he'll offer us something. I think he's decent. But here's a an image that demonstrates the weight of evidence concerning where we NEED to strengthen in terms of attacking or defensive midfield:

unbalanced-scale-right-clip-art-at-clker-com-vector-clip-art-online-mKaBF6-clipart.png

-----------DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD-------------------------------------ATTACKING MIDFIELD

2 of those players aren't good enough and most people have accepted that now. Gueye Schneiderlin Barkley will in my opinion he first choice with Gueye deepest and the other two further up. Davies and Besic will be cover. All are quick players good on the ball. Barry and McCarthy are each missing one of those qualities.

This is exactly how I see it too

Dave. Most of the midfielders have been inherited by Koeman and it is clear there are a number of players in the squad that he feels are not good enough. It looks as if he is prepared to lose McCarthy in the summer at the latest, Barry is coming to end of his footballing career at a high level and Besic seems to be always injured. Davies is still only 18 and cannot be expected yet to carry midfield as yet.
In any event, I would think that a club with ambition would be always trying to improve the quality of its players and the manager seems to rate Schneiderlin highly.
I would have thought you would approve of us improving the quality in our squad.
McCarthy: Koeman just this morning stated that he wants him to stay.
Barry: he's been given an extension, that's how much we'll need him in the short term.
Davies: he's arrived mate. No point in trying to place a lid on this oil-well - it has blown and the oil cant be stopped. Just enjoy watching him be a part of the first team.

I'm sure he'll offer us something. I think he's decent. But here's a an image that demonstrates the weight of evidence concerning where we NEED to strengthen in terms of attacking or defensive midfield:

unbalanced-scale-right-clip-art-at-clker-com-vector-clip-art-online-mKaBF6-clipart.png

-----------DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD-------------------------------------ATTACKING MIDFIELD

We will sign attacking players, you know, you can buy more than 1 player per window David.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back