Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think sometimes @davek method of communicating can mean people miss the point of what he's trying to communicate.

The point he makes is an important one, namely did we need another player of Schneiderlins type. I don't agree with him, but it's a worthwhile consideration.

Im afraid I just have a vision of going 1 better than Joe Royle and having 4 dogs of war volleying opponents into submission which brings a smile to me face!

If that's what he's saying then I agree entirely and I made the same point in the transfer thread and the schneiderlin one as well.

I'm sure he'll offer us something. I think he's decent. But here's a an image that demonstrates the weight of evidence concerning where we NEED to strengthen in terms of attacking or defensive midfield:

unbalanced-scale-right-clip-art-at-clker-com-vector-clip-art-online-mKaBF6-clipart.png

-----------DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD-------------------------------------ATTACKING MIDFIELD

Agreed that the need for attacking midfielders is higher, but that's an argument for the end of the window I'm sure ;)

Agreed that the need for attacking midfielders is higher, but that's an argument for the end of the window I'm sure ;)
And if there had been an attacking midfielder who was of the requisite quality and in a similar situation as Morgan I'd have preferred we prioritize him if we could only buy one midfielder.

But can't think of anyone off hand so you buy the goods currently on market rather than miss out and hope that come the summer the stock on offer is wider.

And if there had been an attacking midfielder who was of the requisite quality and in a similar situation as Morgan I'd have preferred we prioritize him if we could only buy one midfielder.

But can't think of anyone off hand so you buy the goods currently on market rather than miss out and hope that come the summer the stock on offer is wider.

I still maintain that Ronny doesnt favour a "number 10 playmaker", thus we wont buy 1, the magic will come from the wings and from a number 10 in the Mane mould, we are just "lucky" that we have Ross.

I still maintain that Ronny doesnt favour a "number 10 playmaker", thus we wont buy 1, the magic will come from the wings and from a number 10 in the Mane mould, we are just "lucky" that we have Ross.
Will be also interesting to see if we regularly use the formation from yesterday which certainly seemed to work well!

Have to say though (and you'll probably kill me for it!) if we were moving on one of our younger defensive midfielders it would be Besic rather than McCarthy that I'd choose to leave....

I think you're right, and if that's the case then the formation we played yesterday will get the best out of what we have right now while changing the shape of the team to suit Koeman's favoured tactics.

Friend it might soon be your turn for a hand-led dip in the Waters of Forgiveness.

Today, maybe, you have strayed.

Will be also interesting to see if we regularly use the formation from yesterday which certainly seemed to work well!

Have to say though (and you'll probably kill me for it!) if we were moving on one of our younger defensive midfielders it would be Besic rather than McCarthy that I'd choose to leave....

Wow, this is like a dagger to my heart.

The thing is, we wouldnt get as much for Besic and also hes more likely to be willing to sit on the bench and bide his time than McCarthy, based on talent alone, I think Besic is far superior to Jamo, he has more strings to his bow, based on fitness and availability, well its no contest.

Besic has gotta get fit and stay fit, then if he gets a chance, make an impact, otherwise I suspect it wont be a case of which 1 we move on, cos in 6months, its likely neither will be here.

We will sign attacking players, you know, you can buy more than 1 player per window David.

They need to be the right attacking players. No good trying to crack open a defence with power and pace, which is the standard Koeman purchase.

You dont pick a lock with a crow bar.

Our midfield options all of a sudden look a bit decent, when a few days ago, they looked pretty bleak.

Like I love Mo, but with Davies now, surely, undropable for a while, (tactics aside), Morgs in, Gana back in a few weeks, decent options with James and Gaz Baz......

Not that sure Mo gets much of a sniff I am afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back