Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still maintain that Ronny doesnt favour a "number 10 playmaker", thus we wont buy 1, the magic will come from the wings and from a number 10 in the Mane mould, we are just "lucky" that we have Ross.
I agree. And watch how that unfolds against Palace next week...and every other team that sits off.

How many season's have we been crying out for a player who can make things happen in a congested last third?

Wow, this is like a dagger to my heart.

The thing is, we wouldnt get as much for Besic and also hes more likely to be willing to sit on the bench and bide his time than McCarthy, based on talent alone, I think Besic is far superior to Jamo, he has more strings to his bow, based on fitness and availability, well its no contest.

Besic has gotta get fit and stay fit, then if he gets a chance, make an impact, otherwise I suspect it wont be a case of which 1 we move on, cos in 6months, its likely neither will be here.
Aye, fair points but would also add that am concerned whether Besic is still the same player post the ACL as he was before it.

It isn't as bad an injury as it once was due to improvements in medicine but it can still affect a player badly, if only in his mental outlook.

I agree. And watch how that unfolds against Palace next week...and every other team that sits off.

How many season's have we been crying out for a player who can make things happen in a congested last third?

Can't do it and even lost these matches in the last two seasons. Results are coming recently. Why on earth you have a dig at Koeman everyday? You're not happy about beating Citch 4-0 do you?

But you CAN smash the lock wide open.

Oh that's very sophisticated. I can see how that'll go: Schneiderlin launches a 60 yard ball up to some grock no mark from Holland and he tries to lumber through with it before falling over his own ankles.

We didn't and dont. Did you see the game yesterday? In what way would Schneidrlin have improved us? Or put another (and, for us, more pertinent) way: in what way will Schneiderlin help us break down two banks of 4 and 5 next week at Palace?

Ah yes look back on a game in hindsight; always sound logic to an argument. Barry had one of his better games but could have had one of his worst. Davies was brilliant but likewise could have been overawed. Looking back it worked but it might not have. Pretty sure you wrote this pre-game which shows just how highly you rate our current crop of midfielders:

Barry/Davies engine room.

Terrible blend.

City will destroy that.

WTF is going on in that fellers head?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back