Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Muhamed Besic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks Davek is actually making an extremely valid point.

I think as a few people have pointed out the Schneiderlin deal was agreed when it did seem like we lacked in that area, but now Davies has categorically proven he should be starting every week, even a few pundits yesterday were saying how it might not turn out to be the right move for him.

It could be very difficult for him to break into the starting line up when Gana is back.

...another 'if'.

We did it with what we have. End of story.

The CM has never been the problem this season. Never. The gummy forward creativity we have is, and has been for seasons, our biggest headache. I suggest the man in the dug out fixes it soon or he''ll be having more bad days than good.
We beat Man City 4-0 with the forward creativity we currently have. Clearly we dont need any help and forwards have never been the problem this season.

As much as I like Besic, I just dont see a place for him right now. He would have to beat out both McCarthy and Barry.

I think as a few people have pointed out the Schneiderlin deal was agreed when it did seem like we lacked in that area, but now Davies has categorically proven he should be starting every week, even a few pundits yesterday were saying how it might not turn out to be the right move for him.

It could be very difficult for him to break into the starting line up when Gana is back.

Well I get your point. But surely its healthier to have real options and real competition for places rather than everyone knowing full well who will start every week?

Morgs was targeted ages ago by Koeman. Got him in. Seeing Tom becoming instantly boss just makes things better.

edit. Sake, realise its the Mo thread. Soz.

I can see a loan deal for Besic if he gets fit before the end of the window.

Might do him good to get some regular football at a slightly lower level.

Erm we can't rely on Davies every game. That is pathetic

Surely the object of the exercise is to continue to improve the squad.
Should we just let midfield alone because numerically we are alright and because and because Tom Davies looks very promising ?

If we are to get to a position where we can challenge at the very top there are probably no more than about five or six players in the current who would still make the team , Barkley, Lukaku, Coleman, Williams, Baines and possibly Gueye.

I am not going to include any of the youngsters until they have proven themselves more.

We need a squad and even a bigger one when we are in Europa. We also need competition in CM area. Schneiderlin is an experienced CM who is going to replace Barry.

Gana, Schneiderlin, Davies, McCarthy. Barry will become backup. That's 5.

Besic played 30 odd games in 2 1/2 seasons he would never get fit. Gibson is done.

We beat Man City 4-0 with the forward creativity we currently have. Clearly we dont need any help and forwards have never been the problem this season.

As much as I like Besic, I just dont see a place for him right now. He would have to beat out both McCarthy and Barry.
We beat Man City because they went on a suicide mission trying play in our half and they got their arse handed to them. Hardly any other team in this league will adopt that cavalier attitude....in fact, I doubt City will be that 'kin stupid in the future.

Spot on mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back