Murders in Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weed has been at footie for decades. Its the cocaine that seems to have risen recently. And both have different outcomes, as I am sure you know.
I dont drink any more, really and havent been to town for ages, but 1 of the last times I went it was insane, people sniffing everywhere, people getting bottled.

Cocaine is a blight on society, for sure, but people label all drug users as the same sadly.

I dont drink any more, really and havent been to town for ages, but 1 of the last times I went it was insane, people sniffing everywhere, people getting bottled.

Cocaine is a blight on society, for sure, but people label all drug users as the same sadly.

I drink, have done for ever, but modestly, and when I am doing the crossword. AA, and the ilk, would label me an alcoholic most likely. Arsed personally. If I had cracked the whisky out when Nik died, then maybe, but I cant stand being blacked out or insensible.

I feel the same about weed. Tried it, didnt agree with me, (like cider doesnt), so hey ho. Cant see the harm personally. There are probably more folk addicted to prescribed depressants most likely.

But hope they get this toss pot who murdered a child. Reckon folk in Liverpool are getting names to plod.

I drink, have done for ever, but modestly, and when I am doing the crossword. AA, and the ilk, would label me an alcoholic most likely. Arsed personally. If I had cracked the whisky out when Nik died, then maybe, but I cant stand being blacked out or insensible.

I feel the same about weed. Tried it, didnt agree with me, (like cider doesnt), so hey ho. Cant see the harm personally. There are probably more folk addicted to prescribed depressants most likely.

But hope they get this toss pot who murdered a child. Reckon folk in Liverpool are getting names to plod.
I suspect the streets will attempt to right this wrong.

I say attempt, it generally doesnt end well, as we are seeing.

People have lost trust and faith in the Police, sadly.

The harm is that most of the chaos in Liverpool at the moment is over gangs fighting to control the weed market, robbing crops etc. All this leads to innocent people getting shot so it's far from the harmless drug its made out to be. Proper ignorant weed heads aswell, inflicting their tramp smell on everyone around them, horrible stuff.

Unlikely seeing in your previous sentence you said you drink modestly.

I think most AA folk would say that anyone who enjoys a drink every day has a problem. And thats fine. Thats their perspective from, I assume, being damaged by their alcohol experience.

But I remember, from an old booze thread, posting, (when I was on the parcels), that if I had to pack in one drink between tea first thing, iced water after work, or a few lagers doing the crossword, the lager went, by a mile.

And like Goat alludes to, this killer will be known to some nasty folk.

The harm is that most of the chaos in Liverpool at the moment is over gangs fighting to control the weed market, robbing crops etc. All this leads to innocent people getting shot so it's far from the harmless drug its made out to be. Proper ignorant weed heads aswell, inflicting their tramp smell on everyone around them, horrible stuff.

I meant harmless in that having a spliff leads to a Pink Floyd album while you lie on the floor.

I cant see the problem making it a legal substance. And thats as a non user. I very much doubt that the row that led to a 9 year old being killed was down to ale or ciggies. Both, more dangerous to weed.

I think what people are trying to point out is that it is where people buy it from.

If it is the same dealers selling cocaine (and the life wreckers such as heroin) who also sell weed, then anyone buying illegal drugs from these are helping to give them their power.

Personally think that weed is less destructive as a drug than alcohol for the most part. Legalising it might remove some of the power from the dealers. Just think that any taxes raised would need to be used to combat the rise in violent crime and robberies that would follow once the dealers have lost a source of income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back