Murders in Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect the streets will attempt to right this wrong.

I say attempt, it generally doesnt end well, as we are seeing.

People have lost trust and faith in the Police, sadly.

Not having a go at you here (as other people have mentioned that too) but is there any more hardy yet utterly fantastical myth than that of the honourable gangster or lag with a heart of gold?

The streets almost never sort these people out, usually it is the exact opposite - noone did in the scum that killed Rhys Jones, Tanesha Melbourne-Blake or Ava White; noone sorted out Dale Cregan and the list of nonce child-killers who have been killed in prison by the streets is a very short one indeed.

The same goes for the loss of trust and faith in the Police; no other part of that organization works as well as the teams who investigate murders. Their conviction rate dwarfs every other category of investigated crime; statistics suggest they will catch these vermin too (with little or no cooperation from the streets).

This is why they should legalise it, lets be honest nobody is going to start smoking weed because its now legal to do so, you do it anyway, make it legal and there main source of income is gone
Really?

So the cocaine, ketamine, mdma, DMT, ecstacy, ETC, ETC, ETC dealer's would cease to exist because weed was legalised?

Should be PM you.

I don’t want to slag off a whole city, but the ‘don’t talk to the police’ bollocks really left a bad taste in my mouth when I lived in Liverpool.

I got randomly assaulted in a packed supermarket for yet not one person saw it. I really hope sense prevails in this instance. The whole story is utterly mind boggling.
You got the jam out your hair yet mate?

Not having a go at you here (as other people have mentioned that too) but is there any more hardy yet utterly fantastical myth than that of the honourable gangster or lag with a heart of gold?

The streets almost never sort these people out, usually it is the exact opposite - noone did in the scum that killed Rhys Jones, Tanesha Melbourne-Blake or Ava White; noone sorted out Dale Cregan and the list of nonce child-killers who have been killed in prison by the streets is a very short one indeed.

The same goes for the loss of trust and faith in the Police; no other part of that organization works as well as the teams who investigate murders. Their conviction rate dwarfs every other category of investigated crime; statistics suggest they will catch these vermin too (with little or no cooperation from the streets).

That’s true. The police here have one of the best murder detection rates in the world. As well as expertise in forensic science. However major crime is usually well resourced and well funded and if something happens they get everything they need and more.
Every other part of the police usually just get left to it.

Really?

So the cocaine, ketamine, mdma, DMT, ecstacy, ETC, ETC, ETC dealer's would cease to exist because weed was legalised?

Should be PM you.

TBF the evidence is that yes, they largely would all disappear. Ending prohibition in the US dealt organized crime there a terrific blow that they've only partially recovered from.

TBF the evidence is that yes, they largely would all disappear. Ending prohibition in the US dealt organized crime there a terrific blow that they've only partially recovered from.
So, America, Canada and other countries where cannabis has been legalised are now almost crime free then?

So, America, Canada and other countries where cannabis has been legalised are now almost crime free then?

no, because it is only partial legalization of one drug - and the one that causes the least amount of associated crime at that

studies over here, in Europe and in Canada have shown that just giving addicts heroin legally reduces in severe drops in the amount of crime they commit:

... and given that other studies show these people are behind a majority of all thefts, and that all other measures have clearly failed, its something that people should seriously look at. Even if reality shows that HAT is only a third as effective if rolled out nationally, that could still be 20% of all thefts not happening - fewer burglaries, fewer car thefts, fewer junkies. You'd also eliminate almost all heroin dealing nationwide into the bargain.

With any luck, once he’s finished being useful to the Police, the gutter rat succumbs to his injuries.

Imagine stepping over a dead little girl and her wounded Mum, when you’re the cause, to get into your mates car and get dropped off at the hospital.

Just as low as the creature who fired the gun.

And Alder Hey is literally two minutes drive away.

The Mafia cornered the market on illegal booze.

I personally consider it a major joke that weed is illegal whilst not only is booze socially accepted, you are seen as abnormal if you dont drink every week.

Put it this way, ale has affected my life more than any drug in the world.

The day that pub Landlords start fighting each other for trade and shooting innocent kids as part of the process you may be right. Until then you, personally, are helping to drive this explosion of violence. No excuses, the drug trade exists because you demand it…….

Fact is there are people out there who know who these lads are who do the shooting, carry the blades, stash the weapons, Rob the cars and bikes, deal the drugs and all the other crime that goes on that these gangs are involved in.

There has to come a time to make being a part of that life less beneficial than not.

People expecting government to sort it, or council or police with any type of legalisation or law changing may as well be waiting for Unicorns.

It needs communities to come together, to protect each other and to take responsibility for making the criminals lives difficult.

I hate to say it, because I was brought up that you don't say anything, but people have to report what they see and regularly.

Blacked out car running lights. Check the dash cam, report it. Weed smell from a property you know is abandoned or a house that sees kids regularly turning up to, report it. Find something on a relatives device because you caught them with something they shouldn't be having. Report it. Lads intimidating anyone, report it. Etc etc etc.

Seen so many drug dealers not even hiding it happening cos they know no one is going to say anything. Then there is uproar when it starts getting rough round yours. Waiting for someone else to deal with it, to challenge it, is as criminal, if you aren't going to challenge it directly, and make these scumbags feel unwelcome by yours then the bizzies turning up will.

They want to operate an easy life, and will always look for a path of least resistance, so got to make their career choice harder to do.

If people want a safer street no fear of losing a child in this way, no fear of being ran over by a scrambler walking in a park or on a path, no fear of gangs on corners abusing, terrifying people from their estates, no fear of cars getting pinched, then the same people need to give names and addresses and locations and numbers and social media posts to the police.

People need to see a trend in people challenging these thugs in broad daylight. Otherwise how would you ever expect people to do it on mass, if you won't be first to do it.
It takes courage to stand up to them and to make them think, that it isn't worth the aggro, hassle.

So do what you can.
Taking their picture, videoing them doing the crine, phoning the police whilst they are committing the crime, alerting neighbours and friends in your area when anti social or gang/drug behaviour is happening so people can come together and challenge them, let them know your watching and reporting.

If people aren't prepared to do this, then this is the society that we have to accept.

My mindset changed when I had my girl, and this gut wreching tragedy is one that you can't ignore, it is so random that it could literally be someone you know, that loses their life to these horrid little vermin, who only care about cheating the system and stepping on whoever grey want to get the cash and power they crave.

Their desire for that can't be stronger than a whole communities love for their city, area, families, friends and general safety and security.

The community now needs to start shopping the people they know are into that life.

I don't think it will ever happen, until you see "it's ok to snitch' being graffiti'd onto walls and seeing names and pictures of offenders and where they lived etc being commonly posted in local papers and community groups so their families and acquaintances feel the discomfort of that shame by association.

Culture change needed.

Ranting, cos I still can't get my head around it and what their family must be going through.

The day that pub Landlords start fighting each other for trade and shooting innocent kids as part of the process you may be right. Until then you, personally, are helping to drive this explosion of violence. No excuses, the drug trade exists because you demand it…….
Like im gonna have some wino attempt the moral ground with me.

LOL

Bellend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back