Murders in Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody underage ever got served in a bar.
Really?

Tommy, of course it happens, but everyone with a personal license has to undergo a course to reiterate such an occurrence, under pain of losing that license. Staff are trained to question and check. It’s not like the 70’s where as a 16 year old you could get a pint. If you don’t look over 20 or 23 you will be asked for proof of id. The risks to a pub are huge because if caught your business is stuffed and the staff let go. Honestly this comparison is like comparing to a restaurant allowing a diner to have too much wine……

How far do you go though.
You can’t legalise every drug and the criminals will just make their money from the unregulated drugs and offer these drugs that are more lethal than cannabis at knock down prices to get them hooked and the loop continues

You can legalise everything - it isn't going to result in a drug-free utopia, but it will allow society to better manage people who consume such things and it will prevent criminals making money out of it.

According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, alcohol causes 88,000 (62,000 men and 26,000 women) deaths every year. The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism tells us alcohol shortened the lifespan of those 88,000 by 30 years. That makes alcohol the third leading preventable cause of death in the U.S. All other drugs combined cause approximately 30,000 deaths annually.

Drug dealers and Pub landlords, they both deal in death.

How many pub deaths involved a 9 year old being shot dead….

Tommy, of course it happens, but everyone with a personal license has to undergo a course to reiterate such an occurrence, under pain of losing that license. Staff are trained to question and check. It’s not like the 70’s where as a 16 year old you could get a pint. If you don’t look over 20 or 23 you will be asked for proof of id. The risks to a pub are huge because if caught your business is stuffed and the staff let go. Honestly this comparison is like comparing to a restaurant allowing a diner to have too much wine……
I used to be a licensee Peter.
I know EXACTLY how the pub game works.

No words you spout will convince me that alcohol is a better drug than any other I care to indulge in.
Alcohol is by far the bigger blight on humanity, no matter how you dress it up.

Just think how many people leave your pub and go home and beat their wife and their children.

What if it was your family Pete?

Do you have no shame in the death you trade in?

I live in a village. We are civilised, if anyone beat up anyone we would all know, customers are not allowed to get drunk, if anything ever happened as you described I would close the place without a second thought…

You can legalise everything - it isn't going to result in a drug-free utopia, but it will allow society to better manage people who consume such things and it will prevent criminals making money out of it.
As a father of a 14 year old daughter though that would be my worst nightmare.
Heroine being legalised which would give acceptance of the drug to her and her friends.
It would be like a scene from The Walking Dead on the streets.
Kids would try it same as they try alcohol and be hooked on it.
Vulnerable humans need to be protected from themselves.

I used to be a licensee Peter.
I know EXACTLY how the pub game works.

No words you spout will convince me that alcohol is a better drug than any other I care to indulge in.
Alcohol is by far the bigger blight on humanity, no matter how you dress it up.

I‘m not saying alcohol is better than a drug. I’m saying that like alcohol, it should be licensed and controlled in a similar manner, not bought off the streets from scumbags…..

I‘m not saying alcohol is better than a drug. I’m saying that like alcohol, it should be licensed and controlled in a similar manner, not bought off the streets from scumbags…..
No, you said Goat, and me by way of cannabis use, was personally responsible for that little girls death.
You then reiterated the point several times.

Don't backtrack Pete.
Makes you look a bigger fool than you've managed already.

I live in a village. We are civilised, if anyone beat up anyone we would all know, customers are not allowed to get drunk, if anything ever happened as you described I would close the place without a second thought…
So nobody has ever died to a drunk driver in your "village?", ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back