Murders in Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
…there’s a view that criminals are tough but they’re not, they’re cowards.

It’s much tougher to live on the right side of life with the right values and decency than it is stealing a living. It’s much braver being a ‘grass’ & reporting crime than it is to do nothing.

The problem is those with few values breed children with no values. The challenge society has is breaking the chain.

Applaud those who ‘grass’, they are the real tough people.

What a waste of an innocent child's life. There are no words to describe how despicable and sad it it is. I hope that they get the murderer as soon as possible.

Liverpool is a great city with great people inside it. The rats involved are a poison and bickering won't help prevent worse rats from coming. I don't know what the solutions are but a significant part of society is desperately broken such that gangs think they can shoot each other on the streets. They see normal people as NPCs and have little, if any, grasp of the consequences of their activities. Until the root causes are addressed, there'll be more pointless deaths and injuries to innocent bystanders. Don't let Liverpool turn into a Detroit or Baltimore.
To be fair, every big port city has had problems since the dawn of civilization.
Antwerp for example had a 5-day shooting/bomb streak last week. Hamburg and Rotterdam face similar problems.

I genuinely wonder what goes trough the perpatrator's mind right now.
If this was me, I would apologize in a letter to the parents and kill myself. How do live with that on your conscience for another 40-50 years?

It’s much tougher to live on the right side of life with the right values and decency than it is stealing a living. It’s much braver being a ‘grass’ & reporting crime than it is to do nothing.

The problem is those with few values breed children with no values. The challenge society has is breaking the chain.

with is made near impossible with huge cuts to things such as youth clubs (sport, cooking, music, acting) etc. There is proof from the US that these make a huge difference

To be fair, every big port city has had problems since the dawn of civilization.
Antwerp for example had a 5-day shooting/bomb streak last week. Hamburg and Rotterdam face similar problems.

I genuinely wonder what goes trough the perpatrator's mind right now.
If this was me, I would apologize in a letter to the parents and kill myself. How do live with that on your conscience for another 40-50 years?
That’s if they have one. Sadly, there’s some real shameless people out there who, for a multitude of reasons, will not be concerned by such acts.

If it was my son or daughter, I’d have them standing tall in front of the bench because I couldn’t have it on my conscience, let alone theirs.

Where does the anti grass culture in the city come from? Is it from fear of reprisal attacks or is it the general anti-establishment sentiment of the city? Or both?

We’ve got to get over the lack of trust in the police. Yes the police are not all absolute angels, but they are the only ones who can get at these individuals involved in organised crime. As a community, we have to support that by informing them as Eggs highlighted.

Sadly, both.

It`s also a badge of honour too.
Think the major one is fear unfortunately.
The news is full of stories of shootings, stabbings and murders, we've even had hand grenade attacks ffs.

Most decent people are too scared to say anything. They make the difficult choice to turn a blind eye, through fear alone, so that they and their loved ones dont become another forgotten victim in a messed up, broken and forgotten society.

with is made near impossible with huge cuts to things such as youth clubs (sport, cooking, music, acting) etc. There is proof from the US that these make a huge difference

….spot on. Youngsters need avenues to keep positively active & find role models in life.
Yeah, it's not just Liverpool. The city I live in has serious knife and gun crime issues, often linked to areas really badly left behind from years if industrial decline, loss of jobs, prospects and investment in infrastructure, including stuff like what you mention.

Think the major one is fear unfortunately.
The news is full of stories of shootings, stabbings and murders, we've even had hand grenade attacks ffs.

Most decent people are too scared to say anything. They make the difficult choice to turn a blind eye, through fear alone, so that they and their loved ones dont become another forgotten victim in a messed up, broken and forgotten society.
Spot on, not a chance I'd be getting involved in trying to get some dangerous criminal locked up and have to watch my back for the rest of my life.

Full respect to anyone that does stand up to crime gangs though.

Spot on, not a chance I'd be getting involved in trying to get some dangerous criminal locked up and have to watch my back for the rest of my life.

Full respect to anyone that does stand up to crime gangs though.
Society is now reaping what it has sown for the last 2 generations.
We were told society didnt matter, look after No1, greed, wealth and personal possessions were the ultimate goal and a measure of your success as a person.
People stopped caring about their friends.
People stopped caring about their neighbours.
People stopped caring about their communities.

The quest for material superiority was the be all and end all. The greedy snatched what little the poor had away from them. The poor did whatever they had to do to feed their kids. To put clothes on their backs and a roof over their heads.
Even that was taken over by greed. Forced to live in squalor by greedy landlords forever hiking rents and giving no service in return.
So the screw got turned tighter, the desperate became more desperate.

I could go on but I feel I'd be wasting my breath.
People just aren't arsed any more and society is f****d as a result.

I dread to think what kind of world my grandchildren's children will inherit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back