Murders in Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no criminals in our trade. Families come to a welcome place to enjoy an afternoon in the sun. Men come to play dominoes and have a chat. Weddings take place and marriage anniversaries happen in a relaxed atmosphere, it’s controlled, it’s legal and regulated. Trying to compare it is a bit silly really. The end point is in which ‘business‘ do gangs fight, guns get used and innocents die from gunshots….

Pete, you are either in blissful ignorance, with your lovely little community based pub in the sticks or you`ve got your head in the sand.

In all cities and big towns, that there is a lot of criminality linked to the licensing trade, in particular money laundering, drugs / both and protection rackets.

I`m not talking about cosy little backstreet boozers, but city centre bars and clubs.

Even if youth clubs and the like were given blank cheques, they're nevere going to be as well subscribed as they once were. Most kids now prefer their time at home on their various electronic devices.
Go round any impoverished area on an evening and there are plenty of kids actively staying away from home regardless of electronic devices. Home is often not much of a home but being out and about with a group of mates with nothing constructive to do generally only leads one way.

Pete, you are either in blissful ignorance, with your lovely little community based pub in the sticks or you`ve got your head in the sand.

In all cities and big towns, that there is a lot of criminality linked to the licensing trade, in particular money laundering, drugs / both and protection rackets.

I`m not talking about cosy little backstreet boozers, but city centre bars and clubs.
I know of pubs in Brighton were you can smoke weed in the beer garden and nobody says sod all. Plenty of pubs serve underage folk still and there are loads of smaller pubs that still get alcohol in through the back door.

I have a lovely community based pub thats about 600 years old.

I could go down there later and source drugs, guns, knocked off stuff from the docks. Rural living aint as clean cut and picture perfect as many think it is.

And you are spot on about many bars/clubs being a "respectable" front for all sorts.

I know of pubs in Brighton were you can smoke weed in the beer garden and nobody says sod all. Plenty of pubs serve underage folk still and there are loads of smaller pubs that still get alcohol in through the back door.

Mate there’s boozers down in London where the bouncers will sell you a bag if you’re after one, or at the very least source you one.

Everyone who lives in a city / big town knows at least one place like that.

If I wanted to go and buy coke right now, all I`d have to do is go to the pub at the bottom of our road and ask one of the regulars to give his dealer a bell.

Pubs / clubs have always been a front for all kinds of stuff.

Jeez!
If anybody reading this thread wasn't depressed before they certainly would be now. :rolleyes:
It is understandably a very emotive topic, BUT as said in a different thread -
It's all too easy to concentrate on the evils in society. We should never forget that The vast majority of folk have a wonderful sense of right/wrong and good/bad
Please remember this.

Everyone who lives in a city / big town knows at least one place like that.

If I wanted to go and buy coke right now, all I`d have to do is go to the pub at the bottom of our road and ask one of the regulars to give his dealer a bell.

Pubs / clubs have always been a front for all kinds of stuff.

Its the exact same in villages and small towns mate. I have been a semi regular at my pub for 40 years, on and off. The only owner who failed, (there have only been 3 others in those 40 years), was a townie, who believed what many do. Rural life is all green wellies and horse types.

It aint. He failed because he didnt like the regulars, (dockers, mechanics, oven cleaners, small holders) and just normal folk you see in every pub. He lasted 6 months.

See above.
It is certainly the scum running about with guns and drugs that are responsible - but that doesn't get society or government off the hook. Government is responsible in leading a nation (not just leading a few wealthy businessmen) into better ground and make scum feel as though there us something in it for them if they live in a less morally reprehensible way. In short - always question why people do what they do and look there for the cause to fix it. In nearly every case lazy, cheap or clueless government just look to fix a symptom but never the disease.

Chris even if we had some completely fantasy, equal, classless society there will always be people who are willing to hurt others to profit themselves further. A variable level of greed is, unfortunately, an intrinsic quality of human nature. The politicians are simply a reflection of that as well.

I remember years ago, loads were getting duty free from Belgium, van loads, legal to gring it in but illegal to sell it, but hard to prove, it was a massive racket, there was an episode of Roger Cook about it.
I went to a festival once over there, mini bus, 15 of us, lad who organised didn't charge us along as he had all the duty free allowance as the amount of tabbacco and whiskey he could bring in for 15 people was quite valuable and he knew a bar that would take it all.

Chris even if we had some completely fantasy, equal, classless society there will always be people who are willing to hurt others to profit themselves further. A variable level of greed is, unfortunately, an intrinsic quality of human nature. The politicians are simply a reflection of that as well.
I don't disagree- but the politicians we've had since the 80s have done nothing to lead the nation - they're in it for themselves and their circle of business chums - which is why we are where we are. Society will never be perfect but it could be a lot lot less bad than it is right now.

Exact same here, that`s why every now and again, you get " door wars " breaking out and a load of serious violence, as whoever controls the doors, also controls the drug trade.
While far from perfect, it’s much better than it was around twenty years ago. Do you remember the running battles over/with Premier Secuirty?

They ended up trying to blow up Tuebrook nick due to it. The amount of drugs, money laundering and fraud that goes on is farcical.

While far from perfect, it’s much better than it was around twenty years ago. Do you remember the running battles over/with Premier Secuirty?

They ended up trying to blow up Tuebrook nick due to it. The amount of drugs, money laundering and fraud that goes on is farcical.

Lol.

They’re my mates cousins.

Believe it or not, they’ve gone straight - seriously !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back