Murders in Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Society is now reaping what it has sown for the last 2 generations.
We were told society didnt matter, look after No1, greed, wealth and personal possessions were the ultimate goal and a measure of your success as a person.
People stopped caring about their friends.
People stopped caring about their neighbours.
People stopped caring about their communities.

The quest for material superiority was the be all and end all. The greedy snatched what little the poor had away from them. The poor did whatever they had to do to feed their kids. To put clothes on their backs and a roof over their heads.
Even that was taken over by greed. Forced to live in squalor by greedy landlords forever hiking rents and giving no service in return.
So the screw got turned tighter, the desperate became more desperate.

I could go on but I feel I'd be wasting my breath.
People just aren't arsed any more and society is f****d as a result.

I dread to think what kind of world my grandchildren's children will inherit.
I agree mate, where a dollar can be made, stolen or expoloited off the everyday person is a topic I'd like to expand on but I'll just get angry if i start rambling so I'll leave it for another day.

Society is now reaping what it has sown for the last 2 generations.
We were told society didnt matter, look after No1, greed, wealth and personal possessions were the ultimate goal and a measure of your success as a person.
People stopped caring about their friends.
People stopped caring about their neighbours.
People stopped caring about their communities.

The quest for material superiority was the be all and end all. The greedy snatched what little the poor had away from them. The poor did whatever they had to do to feed their kids. To put clothes on their backs and a roof over their heads.
Even that was taken over by greed. Forced to live in squalor by greedy landlords forever hiking rents and giving no service in return.
So the screw got turned tighter, the desperate became more desperate.

I could go on but I feel I'd be wasting my breath.
People just aren't arsed any more and society is f****d as a result.

I dread to think what kind of world my grandchildren's children will inherit.
Basically if you voted or vote Tory.

with is made near impossible with huge cuts to things such as youth clubs (sport, cooking, music, acting) etc. There is proof from the US that these make a huge difference

Even if youth clubs and the like were given blank cheques, they're nevere going to be as well subscribed as they once were. Most kids now prefer their time at home on their various electronic devices.

It’s so sad, and it is disgraceful. I personally don’t think society or government are responsible for this. It’s the scum running around with a gun that is responsible, nobody else!

As for the legalisation / prohibition argument, the powers that be will never allow it. Too much money is made through keeping it illegal. Customs, social care, health care, law enforcement, solicitors, there’s a load of jobs that are reliant on the ‘war on drugs’.

It’s so sad, and it is disgraceful. I personally don’t think society or government are responsible for this. It’s the scum running around with a gun that is responsible, nobody else!

As for the legalisation / prohibition argument, the powers that be will never allow it. Too much money is made through keeping it illegal. Customs, social care, health care, law enforcement, solicitors, there’s a load of jobs that are reliant on the ‘war on drugs’.

Absolutely agree. There's too many people attempting to attribute blame to collective groups in this thread.

Tory voters
Politicians
All drug users

None of those things deminish the individual responsibility of the b@stard/s involved in this.

It is certainly the scum running about with guns and drugs that are responsible - but that doesn't get society or government off the hook. Government is responsible in leading a nation (not just leading a few wealthy businessmen) into better ground and make scum feel as though there us something in it for them if they live in a less morally reprehensible way. In short - always question why people do what they do and look there for the cause to fix it. In nearly every case lazy, cheap or clueless government just look to fix a symptom but never the disease.

You're a shambles mate.

Should be bombed off the site for the drivel you've posted in this thread.

Mate, it was horrible reading but at least he went to bed, woke up the next day and apologised. That has to count.
It's a truly emotive subject when a little one pays for the whims of the scum of our society and whilst I don't agree at all with @peteblue's behaviour (or some of the replies to him if I'm being honest) you have to sympathise with where his ultimate morals lie, even if delivered tactlessly at times.

Absolutely agree. There's too many people attempting to attribute blame to collective groups in this thread.

Tory voters
Politicians
All drug users

None of those things deminish the individual responsibility of the b@stard/s involved in this.
See above.

There are no criminals in our trade. Families come to a welcome place to enjoy an afternoon in the sun. Men come to play dominoes and have a chat. Weddings take place and marriage anniversaries happen in a relaxed atmosphere, it’s controlled, it’s legal and regulated. Trying to compare it is a bit silly really. The end point is in which ‘business‘ do gangs fight, guns get used and innocents die from gunshots….
That's a barefaced lie Pete. There are loads of pubs that willingly continue to serve alcohol to already intoxicated people in pursuit of profit and then wash their hands of any consequence. There are loads of pubs that maybe turn a blind eye to possible underage drinking. And there are plenty that will run a fiddle or two with what does and doesn't go through the books whether it's sales or paying cash in hand to staff who maybe don't even have the right to work in the UK. And that's before you get to those in your trade who very willingly accommodate the actions of those who work the door for them.

I get your point but the "blood on your hands" argument against a casual cannabis user is really rather silly. We all use oil in some form or other and plenty of other things that if you trace back will be awash with blood and murder.

EDIT - Just read back a few posts and saw @peteblue's comments earlier today. Fair play to you and we're probably all guilty of getting emotive and arguing points at inappropriate times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back