Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Naismith? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had his best competitive game as an Everton player today. He showed some intelligent touches and passes and there were a few passages of play that suggested that his understanding with Jelavic Rangers fans were always on about is still there. It's a shame for him Fellaini is an automatic starter in that position as today showed he can be effective there. On another day he could have had a couple of assists to go with his goal today.

like with hitzlesperger, decent enough backup and gets in the right place for goals, something you need from certain bench players. ican't see him as being good enough as a lone striker to be a replacement for the out of form jelavic but definitely a decent option from the bench behind the striker - sadly that should be barkley's position (gueye over barkley, seriously moyes?)

If we have any ambition at all, a player of Naismith's ability should not be in our starting eleven. He reminds me of the type of mediocre talent that filled out Everton teams of old. Saying that though, no one looked particularly good today.

I love him as a squad player. Offers versatility (right wing, ACM, paired forward) and clearly makes runs for others to find. Knack for offense and seems to possibly have that poacher's gift like Cahill of just being in the right place at the right time more than most. Clearly can find the net. I also like that he and Jelavic have some chemistry and history. If we continue to play them together, it will pay.

He's also got a little bit of spice with him. Like Mirallis and Heitinga, he's not one to take crap. Aside from that, he is a younger (but a tad lesser) version of Donovan in my opinion.

That being said, our squad at full strength, I don't think he starts. He seems to be a gamer though, always willing to put in his shift. I thought Jelavic should have been subbed off today and not Naismith.

He scored and made a terrible pass that would of been a goal.. 50/50 really, got us a point, lost us 3 perhaps.
I think he's good enough for the premiership but it doesn't look good when you play 5 of:
Pienaar, Gibson, Fellaini, Osman, Coleman, Mirallas, Oviedo and Naismith
Personally I think he is last on the list but still when he plays is capable of some decent stuff.
Only starting 3 games hasn't helped.

Got a few boos when subbed. Fans cant stand him

Why can't they stand him? I heard the boos but I figured it was fans disagreeing with the move. If Moyes were to finally make a sub, that was just the wrong move to make. If you are bringing Vellios on, surely Jelavic is the better player to bring off. Jelavic is still off form and was having a pedestrian game, where Naismith was making some passes (and missing one) and runs.

Why can't they stand him? I heard the boos but I figured it was fans disagreeing with the move. If Moyes were to finally make a sub, that was just the wrong move to make. If you are bringing Vellios on, surely Jelavic is the better player to bring off. Jelavic is still off form and was having a pedestrian game, where Naismith was making some passes (and missing one) and runs.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason there was booing.

Someone is just Trolololing.

i like the guy, he has funny little style of running, opposite of jelavic style, other one doesnt lift his knees over balls and other one lifts them over his ears <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back