Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely agree he is young and will make mistakes but we need to start establishing a consistent team shape and we don’t have anyone else who can we play the modern up and down full back role anymore.

Hopefully he will create more positive moments than mistakes he cannot be any worse than Coleman
Now now play nice. Seamus isn’t that bad, just old

For that to happen i think Richarlison would leave. Very hard to cement a position for Gray, Dobbin, Richarlison (Iwobi/Townsend) and Gordon.

Thats a good thing of course but it would be perfect if Gordon and Patterson could be the right side for many years.

…not for me. Richarlison plays from the left if DCL is fit. I actually like him there. Gray has been terrific but I think he’s run out of steam the last month or so. I’m sure Gray will start today & hopefully the batteries are recharged with Lampard coming in.

…not for me. Richarlison plays from the left if DCL is fit. I actually like him there. Gray has been terrific but I think he’s run out of steam the last month or so. I’m sure Gray will start today & hopefully the batteries are recharged with Lampard coming in.

Gray is one of the few who thrived under the last manager, hope he doesnt drop of now and get lost under a new regime.

That said it’s an odd one, the last manager didn’t seem the warmest character and he thrived.

No win situation with Nathan if he plays and takes time to adjust we will see the same reaction we have in some quarter with Mykelenko. But then we al, wan5 to see our shiny new toy.

Im just content we have an extra option and depth in the position now. One thing that used to do my head in with Brands is he’d leave certain positions really thread bare most seasons, this season it was right back.

…so sad how you’ve lambasted and written off a young 20 year old with real promise after lecturing genuine Evertonians for 6 months for not giving a chance to what I think is the most obnoxious managerial appointment the club has made in my 65 years.

In this instance, I have little doubt your judgement will be as wide of the mark as it usually is.
Popped firmly back in his box.

Gray is one of the few who thrived under the last manager, hope he doesnt drop of now and get lost under a new regime.

That said it’s an odd one, the last manager didn’t seem the warmest character and he thrived.
I think it was the fact Benitez rated him. That, and the fact he realises this is his last chance to be a top level footballer.

…from what I recall, his form in Germany dropped off after a good start, I think flare players often have issues with consistency. i’ve no doubt he’ll be a terrific signing, but at times he can be used for proper impact off the bench.

Will be disappointed if he doesn’t start today. It’s a game without the pressure of 3 points at stake, and it’s at home. If he doesn’t start today then I don’t know if he’ll get a game at all this season unless we get safe soon.
No chance. This is a must win game.

In that scenario you go with experience.

Coleman will start. And rightly so.

How is it a must win game? Newcastle is a must win game. Or must not lose. We aren’t winning the FA Cup.
New start. We need the cup win to progress to round 5 and a chance of Wembley, but we also need it for the league campaign.

After what's happened it would be a huge deflation if we went out today...and we cant have players learning on the job in a huge game like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back