Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2021/22 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never want to see an Everton FB as high up the pitch as I've seen him play in the past. The way Terence Alexander-Arsehole played for England last night: last third of the pitch and hardly ever getting back to help out defensively.

If England cant do it, we certainly cant with our CBs.

I never want to see an Everton FB as high up the pitch as I've seen him play in the past. The way Terence Alexander-Arsehole played for England last night: last third of the pitch and hardly ever getting back to help out defensively.

Lamps seems keen on the 3 at the back, 2 wingbacks.

Patterson and Iwobi no doubt will be the main players for it.

Need another left back

The RS do it rather well though.,......

Lamps seems keen on the 3 at the back, 2 wingbacks.

Patterson and Iwobi no doubt will be the main players for it.

Need another left back
I think it's hard to say what way FL wants to play based on a rel;egation campaign.

He used the best players he had available to get the best out of them.

I think 433 is the way he'd like to go. Get a dominant CM and two solid CBs and he'll play us that way.

….not sure when you’re talking about but if he was high up the pitch it’ll be because that’s what the Manager wanted rather than him acting alone. We saw it with Martinez, almost suicidal attacking FBs on both flanks, not even one sitting in when the other goes.

The Everton U23 game Patterson played that I saw was as a conventional FB. Sure, he was particularly effective in the attacking third because he goes past the opposition with ease and has quality and composure in possession. Defensively, he didn’t go missing, the team were never exposed on his side and he actually got a few vital blocks in his own penalty area.

I think it's hard to say what way FL wants to play based on a rel;egation campaign.

He used the best players he had available to get the best out of them.

I think 433 is the way he'd like to go. Get a dominant CM and two solid CBs and he'll play us that way.

Possibly.

Based on what he did at Derby and Chelsea he prefers 4.2.3.1. But he instantly went in with a wingback formation when he came in, Brentford and Newcastle.

If he doesn't think Patterson doesn't fit a back 4 and suits a wingback role, I can't see him buying another right back to fit a back 4

He's quick, has a great engine and runs with the ball at full pace very comfortably. Will he get caught out of position? Undoubtedly. At his age, is that something Ashley Cole and Leighton Baines can improve on the training ground? I'm pretty sure it is. The, admittedly few, games I have seen him play in lead me to think he has every chance of stepping up when called upon.

I don't think he will start the season as first choice, but, I'm fairly confident that he will finish the season as first choice.

But you make out that he's not going to be capable of following instructions?

How high he plays up the pitch will be determined by frank.

How high he's played up the pitch in the past would be determined by previous managers tactics.

The individual doesn't decide.

….not sure when you’re talking about but if he was high up the pitch it’ll be because that’s what the Manager wanted rather than him acting alone. We saw it with Martinez, almost suicidal attacking FBs on both flanks, not even one sitting in when the other goes.

The Everton U23 game Patterson played that I saw was as a conventional FB. Sure, he was particularly effective in the attacking third because he goes past the opposition with ease and has quality and composure in possession. Defensively, he didn’t go missing, the team were never exposed on his side and he actually got a few vital blocks in his own penalty area.
We saw Martinez play that way because we had CBs who he bought to play out from the back. In any case, we never saw Baines, Oviedo or Coleman play constantly high up the pitch. If they had the opportunity to get up the pitch then they were encouraged, but it wasn't a starting position for them.

But you make out that he's not going to be capable of following instructions?

How high he plays up the pitch will be determined by frank.

How high he's played up the pitch in the past would be determined by previous managers tactics.

The individual doesn't decide.
Exactly, and I think in training last season Lampard could see his deficiencies as a defender.

Maybe outisde of a crucial relegation threatened campaign - where he benched him - he'll offer him a chance. Maybe.

I wouldn't be surprised though if he isn;t in his plans.

Exactly, and I think in training last season Lampard could see his deficiencies as a defender.

Maybe outisde of a crucial relegation threatened campaign - where he benched him - he'll offer him a chance. Maybe.

I wouldn't be surprised though if he isn;t in his plans.
Or maybe he just didn't think it was appropriate to bring in a kid at RB when you're fighting relegation, you've already got a new addition in Mykolenko and your experienced captain is Coleman anyway.

Doesn't necessarily mean that Frank believes he cant defend. A little presumptious.

Do they though?

Robertson is a defender primarily but gets forward when he can; Terry Arrnold Whatever is a winger who delivers good crosses but cant defend...his mistakes against Spurs and Madrid alone cost them two trophies.
Two mistakes fir the most assists in Europe or whatever
I’d kill for that at our club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back