2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Tes - the manager cost us that game no mention of that Patterson was as bad as any one in the team tbh

He didn't have a great game

Good to see Coleman get a run out

It'll be interesting to see who starts at right back for the cup game against Palace and then the home game against Villa in the league

Wondering this again today. Looked completely disinterested.

Nathan Patterson didn't "look right" to me yesterday. Don't know if he likes a drink or not but at times during the game he looked like someone who had been burning the candle at both ends. I thought he may have picked up a knock, to be honest, and even asked as much in the match thread.

Why? He didn’t need one after playing Spurs, or Man City.

I think most objective judges of the game can see the inexperience mate, he needs time and space to develop at a less punishing level, I don’t think he’s getting game time here which he desperately needs.

He needs time and space to make the mistakes he’s making at a less punishing level.

Anything else isn’t helping the lad.

I think most objective judges of the game can see the inexperience mate, he needs time and space to develop at a less punishing level, I don’t think he’s getting game time here which he desperately needs.

He needs time and space to make the mistakes he’s making at a less punishing level.

Playing a cack five started the rot .?.end of Dyche was to blame not one individual,

He should be getting the game time here. He’s been fine in the games he’s played and is hardly chucking them in his own net Keane-style. No player doesn’t make mistakes, but you aren’t binning Tarkowski for his today, or Pickford for his against City. I don’t know why everyone acts like his are somehow career-defining or terminal.

He should be getting the game time here. He’s been fine in the games he’s played and is hardly chucking them in his own net Keane-style. No player doesn’t make mistakes, but you aren’t binning Tarkowski for his today, or Pickford for his against City. I don’t know why everyone acts like his are somehow career-defining or terminal.

Im far from binary on the lad, I want him to develop and improve. I don’t think he’s getting mins over Coleman or Young for that matter and he needs mins and experience.

Im not even talking about the goals, im talking of his general defending, he doesn’t know when to get touch tight, he gets caught ball watching, he struggles with decision making and when to stick and twist and today our centre half’s had to come across almost every time to plug his side. He’s not a tenacious defender, in fact he doesn’t look like he enjoys defending. I see a player there but I also see huge developmental needs that aren’t being met - part of that is game time and experience.

Nathan touching 23, he can develop thus I’m advocating what I think he needs, he can develop - to answer your question if I thought we could send Keane out fir four months and he would improve I would, I don’t think he would come back a better player, but I think Nathan would.

Last edited: