Confirmed Signing Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see Maupay and Dominic Calvert-Lewin playing well together in a front 2.

If FL is insistent on 5 at the back I hope he plays 532
532 also certainly seems to suit the rest of the squad too. Assuming Gordon goes the only one who’s out of place in that formation would be Gray.

I could definitely see us going for something that sets out more like a 3-4-1-2 in attack and 5-2-1-2 defending with the 1 being someone like McNeil or Gray being able to roam around in space and maybe make a forward 3 when needs be. Obviously the classic 5-3-2 can be used against much stronger sides.

Think us going after the likes of Gana and Garner would lend to that sort of idea too. Our weakest area by far now (obviously assuming we’re now sorting our strikers) is wingers, Gray will be the only out and out one left, better to eliminate the need for them rather than probably trying to bring the necessary 2 in to make it a position that we could properly utilise.

All that being said I think our squad can end up looking far more versatile in terms of how the team can be laid out against a given opposition.

1661465045788.png

Not bad stats... but we'll still need *someone* who can stick the ball in the net.

I do wonder why if they wanted him they never brought him in a few weeks ago though...
Brighton would be happy to see us struggling without a striker.. absolutely no rush on their part to strengthen us.. very likely that they would drag it out as long as possible to weaken a rival.

Here's hoping we can bring out a repeat of his 2018/19 season in the championship. Probably need another striker and better creativity but he has it in his locker which is a good thing.

NealMaupay.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.