2024/25 Neal Maupay

People who travel the country watching their club finally lost their temper after being served up another dose of poor, soulless football. They happened to see a chance to vent their spleen during their long journey home.
It would , could happen at any other club in the world in our position.
However people like you attempting to capitalise on it and turn the fans against each other are a more insidious threat to our future.
Out of interest where you at the Spuds game or is all your ‘considered’ support limited to typing on here ?
Oh , and you calling people trolls is priceless 😂
Look I don’t massively agree with them shouting at them but London these days on the train is likely a day that sets you back well over £200 with fares, ticket , underground , beers bit of food . So the fact that people waiting for a crappy train ride back vent their anger having seen the latest in 35 years of crap doesn’t feel like a hanging offence to me .

People who travel the country watching their club finally lost their temper after being served up another dose of poor, soulless football. They happened to see a chance to vent their spleen during their long journey home.
It would , could happen at any other club in the world in our position.
However people like you attempting to capitalise on it and turn the fans against each other are a more insidious threat to our future.
Out of interest where you at the Spuds game or is all your ‘considered’ support limited to typing on here ?
Oh , and you calling people trolls is priceless 😂

Most of our fanbase are a credit to the club, particularly the away support & trust me, I understand the frustration many feel with how things are on and off the field at present.

However... there is a small but very active minority both online & in attendance at the match who are causing mayhem and doing far more harm than good.

If he was out with his missus and kids and got abuse, I would understand media reaction. He just got a bit of verbal, after that fella spent husband worked money watching this crap. Being abused is part if being a famous player, it wasn't anything Maupay hasn't heard before or given out.

From the video he also mouthed F off.

Most of our fanbase are a credit to the club, particularly the away support & trust me, I understand the frustration many feel with how things are on and off the field at present.

However... there is a small but very active minority both online & in attendance at the match who are causing mayhem and doing far more harm than good
There is no ‘ small minority ‘ anywhere, just disgruntled , disillusioned and increasingly angry supporters.
Once again you are trying to create a division amongst Evertonians for your own amusement.
Divide and conquer .
Makes me think you could be a club shill.

I'm prepared to get a lot of negative response to this, but it's shocking some of the stuff in this thread. The mental gymnastics and terrible justifications for player abuse is wild. Put yourself in his/the team's shoes for god's sake. If you feel hard-done-by or that you've been cheated out of your money by poor performance, stop going. That sends much more of a message than what hurling abuse will.

If you think that Maupay throwing thinly-veiled insults at people is bad, then why would you support it going back the other way? You've sunk to his level congrats. I would love for him to play better and focus less on his wind-up gimmick but I'm not going to go shout at him. People need to learn to separate themselves from these issues.

From the video he also mouthed F off.
He is every bit as blameworthy as the few that snapped, and I can see why they are triggered by such a sly character.

Still the personal abuse comes across very badly. Should have just given them an angry silence - they would have got the message and Maupay wouldn't have been able to spin against the fans.

I'm prepared to get a lot of negative response to this, but it's shocking some of the stuff in this thread. The mental gymnastics and terrible justifications for player abuse is wild. Put yourself in his/the team's shoes for god's sake. If you feel hard-done-by or that you've been cheated out of your money by poor performance, stop going. That sends much more of a message than what hurling abuse will.

If you think that Maupay throwing thinly-veiled insults at people is bad, then why would you support it going back the other way? You've sunk to his level congrats. I would love for him to play better and focus less on his wind-up gimmick but I'm not going to go shout at him. People need to learn to separate themselves from these issues.
I hear what you are saying.

I think someone has mentioned it before, but you can’t vote with your feet at home as their is hardly any tickets left over if any for casual supporters.

Away you can of course, but it’s in the blood of the fans who travel. I don’t and couldn’t afford to, but I tip my hat to them for spending their money to go and support that team.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back