New Everton Crest Confirmed

Will the new badge make you buy more of the Everton merchandise?

• Yes, I will buy more merchandise with this cool new badge.

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I won't change how much I buy of the Everton merchandise because of the badge.

Votes: 67 13.6%
  • No, I will buy much less from the Everton store with this godawful load of ****e for a crest.

Votes: 368 74.8%
  • no tears, only cheese toasties now

Votes: 39 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having spoken to a couple of mates that support Arsenal apparently they hated the "cartoony" redesign of their badge at first, and only got used to it because the board refused to do anything. At least our lot have realised that we're not happy and decided to do something about it... Admittedly though theirs doesn't look like it was made by a 12 year old on MS paint...

So Timmy Cahill was right. Bill Kenwright didn't know the ins and outs.

And the small few that peppered this thread by saying it was childish to protest and to say we didn't like the badge... Well if it wasn't for us we would have that eyesore for 10 years plus.

Finally a big thank you to the club for being big enough to admit being wrong.

Speaking as an American, this is going to be problematic. NBC just bought rights to air Premier League matches in the US, which means 1.) There will be a lot more people watching football and a lot more exposure for all clubs, 2.) A lot of potential Everton supporters will be watching matches, which inevitably means 3.) Many Americans' first exposure to Everton will be with this unfortunate crest. You know what they say about first impressions, right? .... 4.) They become Chelsea supporters instead.

If I'm being pessimistic, we lose a lot of potential supporters and merchandise revenue in America.

Lets be honest here though, the world is full of large organisations ignoring the protests of a chunk of their customers/employees/stakeholders.

Whether that's people protesting about corps not paying enough tax or governments going on illegal wars etc. That Everton have changed their minds on this one is more about the way they conduct themselves than anything the fans have done. So many other organisations would have simply ignored any protestations.

That they are still getting stick on here for admitting to a mistake beggars belief.

Speaking as an American, this is going to be problematic. NBC just bought rights to air Premier League matches in the US, which means 1.) There will be a lot more people watching football and a lot more exposure for all clubs, 2.) A lot of potential Everton supporters will be watching matches, which inevitably means 3.) Many Americans' first exposure to Everton will be with this unfortunate crest. You know what they say about first impressions, right? .... 4.) They become Chelsea supporters instead.

If I'm being pessimistic, we lose a lot of potential supporters and merchandise revenue in America.

Viewers there select a team to support based on the prettiness of the badge? That's not painting American sports fans in a very good light.

Apology not good enough. The club have proved once again how much of a joke they are, they don't care about the fans and this time it will cost them financially and not just in embarrassment. Head of Marketing should be sacked immediately, and probably most of his team, only then will an apology be acceptable. Who's running our club?

What are you on about Bruce :huh:

Just gets my goat mate. We had a lot of people saying the club dropped a clanger on this. Then the club admit they did, and people have a go at them for doing that as well.

I just reckon the club get a bad rap. Of course they're not perfect, but they do quite a lot of things pretty well. We're fans for a reason, right?

Am I correct in thinking the new badge will be on both ends of the main stand, and the Bullens Road end for at least a season?

I'd of been impressed if the petitions had made the club immediately remove all of the current logo. But I knew they would never do it, they couldn't. They've done pretty much what someone pointed out, an apology and said they will change the badge next season and consult more fans

Massive cock up in the first place as many have also pointed out.

Viewers there select a team to support based on the prettiness of the badge? That's not painting American sports fans in a very good light.

It isn't just American sports fans, though. It's just branding. The crest is the face of the club, and while it shouldn't be the reason you support a team, it can go a long way in adding legitimacy to your product.

Most Americans are plastics, anyways.

Just gets my goat mate. We had a lot of people saying the club dropped a clanger on this. Then the club admit they did, and people have a go at them for doing that as well.

I just reckon the club get a bad rap. Of course they're not perfect, but they do quite a lot of things pretty well. We're fans for a reason, right?

Fair point. You're right that there's no point moaning about the apology.

Am I correct in thinking the new badge will be on both ends of the main stand, and the Bullens Road end for at least a season?

I'd of been impressed if the petitions had made the club immediately remove all of the current logo. But I knew they would never do it, they couldn't. They've done pretty much what someone pointed out, an apology and said they will change the badge next season and consult more fans

Massive cock up in the first place as many have also pointed out.

Your old avatar is back. Gerrin.

Lets be honest here though, the world is full of large organisations ignoring the protests of a chunk of their customers/employees/stakeholders.

Whether that's people protesting about corps not paying enough tax or governments going on illegal wars etc. That Everton have changed their minds on this one is more about the way they conduct themselves than anything the fans have done. So many other organisations would have simply ignored any protestations.

That they are still getting stick on here for admitting to a mistake beggars belief.

All I have seen is a wide ranging set of posts of people saying thank you to the club for being big enough to admit their mistake. Myself included.

Everton changed this badge purely because of fan power. Every complaint made to the club played it's part, so well done if you could be bothered to make the effort. Because of those complaints we don't have to live with that fat bottomed cartoon for the next decade.

And I disagree about people power making a difference. Tropicana, Gap amongst others have changed their presentation of the product due to people letting them know their mistake was in the car crash territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back