New Everton Crest Confirmed

Will the new badge make you buy more of the Everton merchandise?

• Yes, I will buy more merchandise with this cool new badge.

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I won't change how much I buy of the Everton merchandise because of the badge.

Votes: 67 13.6%
  • No, I will buy much less from the Everton store with this godawful load of ****e for a crest.

Votes: 368 74.8%
  • no tears, only cheese toasties now

Votes: 39 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at that badge and then imagine what the stadium would have looked like if "Destination Kirkby" had gone ahead. In any other business these jokers would have been removed after so many failures.

The apology makes it even worse for me. If the club had stuck to their guns and said "this is our vision for the future of the club and were sticking to it" I might of a least respected them. However this cowardly climb down is just as embarrassing, once again the people who run this club prove just how small time they are.

A whole lot of perfect people posting in this thread. Never made mistakes at all in their lives.

You're right, I should be teary-eyed and weeping with love and respect for our benevolent leaders for having the wisdom to firmly lock the door days after the horse had well and truly bolted.

It isn't just American sports fans, though. It's just branding. The crest is the face of the club, and while it shouldn't be the reason you support a team, it can go a long way in adding legitimacy to your product.

Most Americans are plastics, anyways.

Super work with the sweeping generalisations there mate.

The apology makes it even worse for me. If the club had stuck to their guns and said "this is our vision for the future of the club and were sticking to it" I might of a least respected them. However this cowardly climb down is just as embarrassing, once again the people who run this club prove just how small time they are.

Behave.

Just gets my goat mate. We had a lot of people saying the club dropped a clanger on this. Then the club admit they did, and people have a go at them for doing that as well.

I just reckon the club get a bad rap. Of course they're not perfect, but they do quite a lot of things pretty well. We're fans for a reason, right?

totally agree. having heard of the u turn regarding the badge i thought that the club would at least get partial credit for listening, something many believed they wouldn't do. ultimately i genuinely believe some people just like a good moan. if the sun doesn't shine on a match day it's 'bill's' fault etc

The new badge was the only thing that we all seemed to share an opinion on, and actually didn't argue about, so that was a nice moment. Maybe that's why they did it.... :)

Oh behave will you! That's a ridiculous thing to say.

The club screwed up. The fans reacted and the club listened.
Well done now move on.

Make love not war

The new badge was the only thing that we all seemed to share an opinion on, and actually didn't argue about, so that was a nice moment. Maybe that's why they did it.... :)

I'm not sure I've known such harmonious opinion on here~!

The new badge sucks. Further, I hate that the club seems to interpret the backlash as being anti-change. Its not at all, in my opinion. Many supporters would welcome a new badge. We just don't want one that sucks. Their are plenty of ways to modernize and streamline the badge without making it suck. I would welcome all such badges.

To me, the badge seems like an alternative badge made specifically for youth marketing and exposure. Like how the badge would look on an Everton cartoon program marketed to kids. I am still waiting for the real new badge to come out.

Dell Boy, if this was the first time the clowns who run this club had screwed up I'd agree with you. In fact I'd be the first to defend and applauded them but they are just a joke. Sorry if that bothers you but I've had enough of my beloved club being made a laughing stock by these clowns!

Wow! Dangerous territory that. Not only sitting on moral high ground just short of Everest, but also on a high horse with your head up your arse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back