New Everton Crest Confirmed

Will the new badge make you buy more of the Everton merchandise?

• Yes, I will buy more merchandise with this cool new badge.

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I won't change how much I buy of the Everton merchandise because of the badge.

Votes: 67 13.6%
  • No, I will buy much less from the Everton store with this godawful load of ****e for a crest.

Votes: 368 74.8%
  • no tears, only cheese toasties now

Votes: 39 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BLW9D8hCMAAH-Zl.jpg

If they wanted simple they could'e done something like this. Doesn't need to look like a cartoon, which is apparently how modern design has to look... -.-

If we have to dispense with the crest we've used for the last ten years (and I don't accept that this is the case) then I'd take this over the travesty put forward by the club every single time. Every single time.

It highlights an important factor - the new rendering of Prince Rupert's tower looks abysmal. The existing version has been used since forever and should not be altered.

Dell Boy, if this was the first time the clowns who run this club had screwed up I'd agree with you. In fact I'd be the first to defend and applauded them but they are just a joke. Sorry if that bothers you but I've had enough of my beloved club being made a laughing stock by these clowns!

But look forward mate and draw a line - it would have been worse if they'd ignored the bad feeling.

Life's good. We've now got a sexy spaniard playing ticky tacky after 11 years of Moyes!

Ok look if what I said before come over the wrong way and I came over like a smart arse, that wasn't how I intended it to. Clearly I was ott. I'm just pissed at about everyting going on for me just now so unfortunately someone has to take the blame and the idiots who run this club semed like a good target to me! Again, wasn't trying to piss anyone off.

Takes guts to admit you've been wrong. Few on here would do well to remember that.

It isn't "guts" what they've done; that would imply they had a choice in the matter. They didn't.

"Guts" would have been one of the clowns having the bottle to speak up during the clandestine mess they set about doing in the first place.

As for admitting when wrong, I could vault plenty of instances of myself doing just that. Thing is, I don't expect a freaking medal for doing so.

Ok look if what I said before come over the wrong way and I came over like a smart arse, that wasn't how I intended it to. Clearly I was ott. I'm just pissed at about everyting going on for me just now so unfortunately someone has to take the blame and the idiots who run this club semed like a good target to me! Again, wasn't trying to piss anyone off.

Thanks for that. It's good to see that not just the club is big enough to retract and apologise. Cheers mate.

I respect the apology, and at least we only have this badge for one season! I'm glad they've listened to the fan base.

Stan Lee Park, I still think we are run by total utter fool\tools (take your pick!). For me the people who run the club make it so easy for me and others to hate them that no one should be supirsed when supporters go crazy at them!

Would be quite amusing if, after the next season, we all end up liking the badge and don't want it to change...

*Runs and hides*

All the detail on the current badge was an issue with manufacture. Want to ship lots of units and turn a quick (Nike) Buck ($$$) then sell out and forget your heritage and tradition. Hell if owners can change a clubs colours so totally to help rebranding and merch sales then how long before we're in red to help push the brand in China with the rest of them...

elstone went ballistic with staff over fans early reaction to new crest. only back in last week after broken arm/shoulder.

All the detail on the current badge was an issue with manufacture. Want to ship lots of units and turn a quick (Nike) Buck ($$$) then sell out and forget your heritage and tradition. Hell if owners can change a clubs colours so totally to help rebranding and merch sales then how long before we're in red to help push the brand in China with the rest of them...

To be fair to Cardiff re: colour switch, that actually made sense as they're a Welsh side and they want to be the number one side associated with Wales, and being red helps to achieve that. So I can sort of see the logic.

However, releasing a cartoon drawing of a badge for no real reason is a puzzler. But ah well, alls well that ends well eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back