New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you a sado-masochist mate? I'M sure I've seen you on here bigging up Dyche, Benitez and now Allardyce! Good job that (judging by your username) you are too young to have really seen Joe Kinnear, Dave Bassett or Bobby Gould, or you'd be having their faces tattooed across your chest like Jed from Alan Partridge!

I couldn't stand to watch stuff like that. Nuno's football, despite being flawed, is miles above those.

My whole point mate was the ownerahip shouldn't be swayed by fan sentiment. If they genuinely believe Benitez is the best available candidate to get a tune out of this squad of players then they should be getting him in.

Abramovich didnt care that Chelsea fans didnt like him, they didnt care that he sacked fan favourite and club legend Lampard because he's a strong leader of that club and thats we are crying out for.

Im all for the board listening to fans on the stadium, kit designs etc but manager decisions/player signings should be done in house without any swaying from us lot.

I'll be honest based on the current crop of managers who are available/linked outside of Benitez its only really Favre who I wouldnt mind. On reflection I would even take a punt on Potter even though I think he would struggle under the weight of expectation with the fanbase.

Nuno is a decent manager but I feel he had a lot of things his way with Wolves which he wont get here.

So he built the Chelsea team that had won tye champions league the season before and he took a second place Napoli spent 160m and took them to 4th and 5th failing to qualify for the champions league both times.

I think claiming that he built those teams to be better is stretching it a bit.
Not quite sure I said the things you are implying .
Just said he won 4 trophies and as such deserved credit for winning those trophies. There’s always mitigating circumstances, for any manage, but let’s not do mental gymnastics over every good thing he’d done in last 10 years.

Equally let’s not get blinded by the fact that Benitez has won some trophies. He’s failed at other places, as most managers do, but more importantly isn’t a good fit and would be a divisive appointment.

If Belguim win he'll have his pick of jobs during the season. Cant see him changing his approach either.

While I would be dismayed if he came back I can see a view that he'll be wanting to put it right here (with loads of cash).

That being said he left such an unbelievable level of mayhem on his way out that I'm not sure another go will help

Galtier has been considered but I’m guessing the sticking point is paying 10 mil compo to Lille?

That and he seems dead set on going to Nice. I remember reading something a while back on how he wanted to stay in France to be near to his family - he's spent 24 of his 26 years as a player & manager in France.

He'd surely be number 1 choice.

Roberto Martinez said he has unfinished business at Everton and has the charm to talk himself into this job. Out of all those names he is the only one I would consider but would have had to improve his defensive management in the last 5 years.
Well let’s be his guinea pig for his next job.

we will never know if he’s improved his defensive side of the game. Belgium had 3 centre backs yesterday abs looked all over the place. It’s not surprise he’s jumping ship, when you consider all Belgium’s brilliant players are around 30. Abs it doesn’t seem like like they have another quality pool coming through.

we all know Bill “ what a manger” kenwright is pushing this. Moshiri will never hire him again after already sacking him.

While I would be dismayed if he came back I can see a view that he'll be wanting to put it right here (with loads of cash).

That being said he left such an unbelievable level of mayhem on his way out that I'm not sure another go will help

I get that train of thought too. He'll be desperate not to make another failure of it as it would effectively rule out his chances of a top job - in this league at least. His downfall was terrible signings which i'd hope Brands would oversee this time around, however, still question marks over his defensive methods.

Netto, Jota, Neves, Patricio, Semedo, Podence, and Jiminez, weren't bad buys were they, but if you think they are all gash fair enough you win.

Im just listening to what the Wolves fans have said mate. You accept Nuno you accept Brands wont have much of a say on transfers as Nuno wants Mendes players.

Didn't he take the club to a tribunal over his contact payments

I like how confident Moyes is. Waiting till we go further down the spiral before he decides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back