New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That and he seems dead set on going to Nice. I remember reading something a while back on how he wanted to stay in France to be near to his family - he's spent 24 of his 26 years as a player & manager in France.

He'd surely be number 1 choice.
If Nice sealed the deal with him, why wait? Until its announced officially, we should do everything to convince him in the mean time.

My whole point mate was the ownerahip shouldn't be swayed by fan sentiment. If they genuinely believe Benitez is the best available candidate to get a tune out of this squad of players then they should be getting him in.

Abramovich didnt care that Chelsea fans didnt like him, they didnt care that he sacked fan favourite and club legend Lampard because he's a strong leader of that club and thats we are crying out for.

Im all for the board listening to fans on the stadium, kit designs etc but manager decisions/player signings should be done in house without any swaying from us lot.

I'll be honest based on the current crop of managers who are available/linked outside of Benitez its only really Favre who I wouldnt mind. On reflection I would even take a punt on Potter even though I think he would struggle under the weight of expectation with the fanbase.

Nuno is a decent manager but I feel he had a lot of things his way with Wolves which he wont get here.
Fair enough. But I honestly can't take anymore of watching slow players play awful football - which is what Benitez will bring more of.

Of the names we have genuinely been linked with, I'd put Benitez as the joint worst option with Howe (albeit for very different reasons).

I know what you are saying about the fans, as I don't like it when people go on about management teams consisting of the likes of Ferguson, Baines, Cahill, Stubbs etc. because they get the club. I loved them all as players but they are failures and can't bring anything to us imo.

But they should listen to the fans re, we want younger, aggressive players, more pace and a better style of football. If they take that properly into account then the choice should be the board's to make. But their shortlist shows that they don't have a clue what to do.

To be fair I'd imagine they were in disarray for a few days and its a mostly uninspiring list of candidates

Can’t shut them up when there’s something positive to talk about. Phil McNulty was right and he wasn’t having a dig at the charity which of course people tried to twist it as such.

Even someone like Brands could of said “we understand the fans are disappointed by what was happened, rest assured we will look to find the best candidate possible” something like that. Nothing.

Anything to be said for another Galtier rumour?
Next season's home kit?

1624017609183.png

...I may have misundertood the question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back