New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely should not be just 2 people considered. There's no guarantee of success with either of those. In fact most of us only heard of Galtier 2 weeks ago.

Well obviously it hasn't just been 2 considered so far, we've had at least 5 terrible candidates on the list that we know of

Fair enough. But I honestly can't take anymore of watching slow players play awful football - which is what Benitez will bring more of.

Of the names we have genuinely been linked with, I'd put Benitez as the joint worst option with Howe (albeit for very different reasons).

I know what you are saying about the fans, as I don't like it when people go on about management teams consisting of the likes of Ferguson, Baines, Cahill, Stubbs etc. because they get the club. I loved them all as players but they are failures and can't bring anything to us imo.

But they should listen to the fans re, we want younger, aggressive players, more pace and a better style of football. If they take that properly into account then the choice should be the board's to make. But their shortlist shows that they don't have a clue what to do.

I would prefer an attacking type manager - Biesla was my no1 target after Conte and I like Favre.

Potter I have big reservations about but think on a small wage 2-3 yr contract I would see what he could do.

I just think Brands/the board want someone to carry on from Carlo's defensive system hence the Nuno/Benitez talks who are both dour defensive managers.

Out the two of them for me it would be Benitez but its two non inspiring managers either way.

Roberto Martinez said he has unfinished business at Everton and has the charm to talk himself into this job. Out of all those names he is the only one I would consider but would have had to improve his defensive management in the last 5 years.
He will do big things at the club level again someday, if he wants to. I'd like it to be at Everton.

Whether or not he would change his style is up in the air. But I don't know that he has to if he joins a club that gives him the money necessary to get the players he needs as opposed to the coins found under Bill's couch cushion that Everton gave him to spend.

My guess is that the job is between Nuno or Martinez.

FSW was just more of the same, with his people leaking stuff to the press to drum up interest.

Nuno seems to come with a heavy entourage which I think there will be deep reservations about.

Galtier wants to stay in France.

Fonseca is taking the p*ss with wages.

I'll just assume Conte was first to be contacted and gave a swift rebuttal.

Martinez will have solid working relationships with people at the club, has shown growth as a coach with Belgium (though not on top of his head), and will likely keep Duncan and have an easier time keeping fans onside initially.

I think it will be Martinez.
Honest to god some of our fans are just nuts. I guarantee a load of our fans, will go mental if he’s re-appointed. Maybe not as bad as Rafael.

But the majority haven’t t got short memories like yourself.

Solid working relationship, with the owner of the club, who’s already sacked him once, really? Are you sure.

And Mickey Mouse could manage that Belgium side, which he hasn’t really done anything special with.

the last 12/18 months of his reign were utterly depressing.
Tactically inept, shocking buys, passing across the back all game. The Positive interviews. Have you not forgotten the battering’s at Liverpool. Klopp laughing his head at 4-0 up.

Anyway I’ve
Convinced myself this is down to Bill’s own ego. And wanting to proven right, like he probably thinks his hiring of moyes, is the greatest appointment in Everton’s history.
id hope Moshiri laughed at him, when he brought his name up.

I have seen Martinez mentioned amongst the 8 names under consideration but apart from that is there anything at all to suggest contact was made? They would be talking to his agent surely with him being preoccupied.

the last 12/18 months of his reign were utterly depressing.
Tactically inept, shocking buys, passing across the back all game. The Positive interviews. Have you not forgotten the battering’s at Liverpool. Klopp laughing his head at 4-0 up.

Anyway I’ve
Convinced myself this is down to Bill’s own ego. And wanting to proven right, like he probably thinks his hiring of moyes, is the greatest appointment in Everton’s history.
id hope Moshiri laughed at him, when he brought his name up.

Two semi finals in his last season 5 years ago. How many since?

While I would be dismayed if he came back I can see a view that he'll be wanting to put it right here (with loads of cash).

That being said he left such an unbelievable level of mayhem on his way out that I'm not sure another go will help
The squad didn't look good by the time he left, but it was also a cheap squad. I would say it was Koeman and Walsh who really set us up badly for years to come, spending loads of money on crap.

My guess is that the job is between Nuno or Martinez.

FSW was just more of the same, with his people leaking stuff to the press to drum up interest.

Nuno seems to come with a heavy entourage which I think there will be deep reservations about.

Galtier wants to stay in France.

Fonseca is taking the p*ss with wages.

I'll just assume Conte was first to be contacted and gave a swift rebuttal.

Martinez will have solid working relationships with people at the club, has shown growth as a coach with Belgium (though not on top of his head), and will likely keep Duncan and have an easier time keeping fans onside initially.

I think it will be Martinez.

Martinez hasn't changed since he left. He just works with world class players that pull off what he says better.

Belgium still can't defend.

"Everton are not expected to announce a new manager before next wek, and are still discussing the role with a number of candidates

Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez and ex-Wolves boss Nuno Espírito Santo remain the favourites to land the job, along with Belgian manager and previous Everton incumbent Roberto Martinez.

However, Sky Sports News understands up to eight candidates have been considered by the Everton board which includes former striker and current coach Duncan Ferguson, former Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe and Lille’s Ligue 1 title winning manager Christophe Galtier.

The prospect of former Reds manager Benitez becoming the next Everton boss has been met with an unfavourable reaction from the club's fans, however he remains a strong contender for majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri."

Galtier pleaseeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back