New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Everton are not expected to announce a new manager before next wek, and are still discussing the role with a number of candidates

Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez and ex-Wolves boss Nuno Espírito Santo remain the favourites to land the job, along with Belgian manager and previous Everton incumbent Roberto Martinez.

However, Sky Sports News understands up to eight candidates have been considered by the Everton board which includes former striker and current coach Duncan Ferguson, former Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe and Lille’s Ligue 1 title winning manager Christophe Galtier.

The prospect of former Reds manager Benitez becoming the next Everton boss has been met with an unfavourable reaction from the club's fans, however he remains a strong contender for majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri."

Galtier pleaseeeeeeeee

Sky Sports have changed their tune haven't they?

Frauds.

I have seen Martinez mentioned amongst the 8 names under consideration but apart from that is there anything at all to suggest contact was made? They would be talking to his agent surely with him being preoccupied.
The likes of Joyce and co keep mentioning his name as being on a list of candidates. Not sure how much contact has been made, if any.

Not seeing it with Big Dunc to be honest

Thought he did a solid job when he stepped in for those games, but I also think he needs reps elsewhere in the lower leagues before we could realistically look to give him the top job here

It may just be as well that he's better off as an assistant than he is as a manager, which is fine. Plenty of people like that who can still be valuable parts of a football club (Brian Kidd for instance)

Not seeing it with Big Dunc to be honest

Thought he did a solid job when he stepped in for those games, but I also think he needs reps elsewhere in the lower leagues before we could realistically look to give him the top job here

It may just be as well that he's better off as an assistant than he is as a manager, which is fine. Plenty of people like that who can still be valuable parts of a football club (Brian Kidd for instance)
I would back Duncan obviously but I couldn’t see it being anything other than a disaster. As Simon Jordan said, if he fails then he’s done at the club.

Utterly baffled how people can forgive Benitez for calling the 9 times league champions, 4th most successful club in England founding members of the football league a SMALL CLUB while managing our local rivals. Which he never apologised for just took another dig calling us a small team… same thing

You seriously need to give you heads a wobble

Did anyone watch that Martinez documentary a couple of nights ago?

Made me ill listening to him waffle on and chat absolute bubbles about anything and everything. "Oh my chair, yes it's the greatest chair in the world isn't it" "oh my coffee cup, yes once this coffee cup came available it was the only coffee cup for me", "my pen? The transition of It from my pocket to my hand means I can't speak highly enough of it and it has a wonderful positive attitude when it glides across the note pad surface"

Martinez or Benitez, Benitez or Howe, Howe or Martinez, Martinez or Benitez.......give it to Rod, Jane and Freddie
That would be my choice too, unfortunately Freddie died recently :( and he was Mosh's favourite, he thinks Rod and Jane are crap without him. Talks are still ongoing, with Mosh hoping to 'resurrect' the Freddie deal and appoint him as some sort of corpse manager.
Obviously in a perfect world we'd appoint Zippy as manager, but he's well out of our league. Instead it looks like we're getting old Bungle Benitez :(

I would take Martinez back if he became available after the Euros. He has probably gained in experience since he was with us. Some might be upset, but not as many as those who are at the prospect of RB coming here. My son visited today and made it plain what he thinks about taking on the Spanish fella.

My point was why is one dismissed "Because he has a relegation on his CV" and the other despite being a Kopite some are giving the time of day even though he also has a relegation AND in China had Dalian bottom of their group... Just seems inconsistent...

Rafael took over March 11, 2016, when he took over Newcastle were 1 point OUTSIDE the relegation zone, the bottom of the league looked like

Bournemouth 33 points
Swansea 30 points
Newcastle 25 points
Sunderland 24 points
Norwich 24 points
Aston Villa 16 points

His results

Leicester A L1-0
Sunderland H D1-1
Norwich A L3-2
Southampton A L3-1
Swansea H W3-0
Man City H D1-1
Liverpool A D2-2
Crystal Palace H W1-0
Aston Villa A D0-0
Tottenham H W5-1

Finish Table

Crystal Palace 42 points
Bournemouth 42 points
Sunderland 39 points
Newcastle 37 points
Norwich 34 points
Aston Villa 17 points

What was his squad?

View attachment 130964
Had a game in hand as well

Utterly baffled how people can forgive Benitez for calling the 9 times league champions, 4th most successful club in England founding members of the football league a SMALL CLUB while managing our local rivals. Which he never apologised for just took another dig calling us a small team… same thing

You seriously need to give you heads a wobble

I think if Benitez can forgive us for calling him a fat c**t then we can be adult enough to forgive him no? :hayee:

I’m not picking an argument. Just wondering why you were happy to keep on, one of the most clueless tactical managers we’ve ever had. Who also talked absolute rubbish after every shambolic performance. He finished 11th twice. With Lukaku up front.

Even koeman got 7th

We are talking about Benitez and I am using the fact that I wanted Martinez to stay as being irrelevant in the grand scheme of things as the majority had already wanted him gone. It is the same situation.

I am not interested in discussing Martinez and what I wanted to happen 5 or so years ago as I am far too busy fighting the Benitez stuff to get involved with that. If you want to know go and read my stuff from 5 years ago? I am more than happy for you not to agree with it but I also understand that his position was untenable and he had to go, by the same measure Benitez should not be employed by us as he cant overcome the same problem. Nobody can.

ESPN, today. Rafael Benitez is reportedly on the verge of being named the new Everton manager. I heard it ten minutes ago.
Sky Sports News, today, Everton not expected to name a new manager until next week with up to 8 candidates in the running. Benitez, Nuno, Ferguson, Howe, Martinez, Galtier among the names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back