New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's managed two seasons since 2011. If he were coming in to be the guy to find us talent and build a squad I'd be fully behind it but unless Brands is going I think there are better options for a pure coach.
That's an understandable outlook but I think it could still work out even brands stays. One of brands flaws is that he's too beholden to a managers vision rather than exerting a philosophy himself. With ralf that would be a positive because brands can focus on being more of facilitator than actually selecting the talent and ralf is very savvy in that regard so less potential problems in the future recruitment wise.

and in perhaps the most scary news of the day, the Daily Express captured the names of the people Moshiri should NOT be considering by mistake!
I imagine there are a few agents throwing names out to the media at the minute. Although I do have a sneaking feeling Moyes, Howe and Nuno will certainly be in the mix.

It wont happen but this needs sorting ASAP cant let it drag on longer than 2-3 weeks.

I think Moshiri will let Brands pick this one and im dreading it as he'll likely go for some attacking hipster type like Ten Hag or Favre who I do like both as managers but dont think their style works with our quality of players in English Football.

We need someone imo who makes us tough to beat but can also mix it up and play decent counter attacking football not just playing for set pieces.
The next line out of the club will be along the lines of “We are considering all options, and will make a decision in time for the new appointment to start pre season training with the squad”. :pint2:

That's an understandable outlook but I think it could still work out even brands stays. One of brands flaws is that he's too beholden to a managers vision rather than exerting a philosophy himself. With ralf that would be a positive because brands can focus on being more of facilitator than actually selecting the talent and ralf is very savvy in that regard so less potential problems in the future recruitment wise.
I think we need to ask whether this is a Brands problem or a Farhad telling Brands what to do problem.

And fwiw I think part of the reason Silva didn't work is Brands wasn't aligned with his vision well enough. Certainly he got who Carlo asked for but was that all his choice?

I wouldn't be upset with Ralf but I do think questions over the philosophy would need to be answered first.

The next line out of the club will be along the lines of “We are considering all options, and will make a decision in time for the new appointment to start pre season training with the squad”. :pint2:
Suppose it depends on who we’re going for. If it’s Nuno or another free agent it could be wrapped up by the start of next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back