New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the case then we seriously need to get rid of Brands. No messing about, if he's been here 3 years and isn't yet in a position to be able to say to a new manager 'these players will work for you, these won't' then he quite simply isn't worth employing.

Ancelotti was one of the best managers in the world, but he was NOT one of the best managers in the world at rebuilding. That's the point. He was never a good fit for us, he had absolutely no history whatsoever of doing what we needed him to do. I can see why we tried it, but it didn't work and never really looked likely to in all honesty. The right type of manager will find it much easier to rebuild than Ancelotti did, and the players will find it easier too. The difficult bit is finding the right manager, but there are loads of examples of clubs being - both relatively and genuinely - successful while a manager is still in the development phase, there's no need for us to get all woe is me and say we're right back to square one (as if we'd ever moved off it) and have to wait until Brands has been 6 years before it's reasonable to expect him to have improved us from 8th to 6th.

Regardless of whether Carlo isn't the best at rebuilding...he's still well equipped to see what a squad or a set of players can or can't do, and the quality needed to get where we need to.

We've tried 5 different managers in different styles, to ignore Carlos views on this squad and feel someone can come in and "do better" is a recipe for disaster.

As for the change in manager in a development stage and being successful...if you can name a club that doesn't involve Chelsea etc who have foundations based on quality that have done this...feel free cos I can't name one.

In my view...a new manager has to come in and completely rip the whole squad apart, be able to rebuild over years, and not expect to be hunting champions league football right now or next year.

Rangnick seems perfect for a project/building. The foundations he layed down at Leipzig made them into the team they are today and is experienced. Definetly someone I would want on a long-term project.

if it’s Howe then we will go down in the next 10 years, that is how detrimental to our club his appointment would be
truthfully I'm not confident we don't regardless. we are a trainwreck of a club these days. Wages to turnover is insane, players who couldn't give any effort for one of the best managers in world football, we still have a dinosaur in the boardroom whispering to bring back the glory days of nothingness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back