New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuno would be a disaster, 2 good seasons when they came in to the PL and then the bubble burst.

I dont want to stockpile players "Because they are portugese" and Slowmes will be captain and head honcho.

NES win percentage in the Premier League? 37% !!!!

Very nearly on a par with Eddie Howe and Eddie was at a much smaller club and budget.

Just saying, too many on here are suckers for the exotic name, cut through the rubbish and look at the stats.

We had a manger that has won relatively many trophies, and which has mostly been recycled and used for shorter periods in big clubs. We did not have a manager who has experience in building clubs, and laying the foundation for further success. Everton need a manager who has experience with this, and Ancelotti does not have the qualifications to do this job - which eventually became quite obvious.

I don't think Carlo was here long enough to make that judgement. His next full season would've given us a better idea with how the team is with who stayed and who went.

It was a disappointing overall season under Carlo but never a failure. There was a clear next step to try and progress.

I hope whomever we choose isn't primarily picked by Moshiri or Bill neither one is capable of selecting a manager. Both are so unknowledgeable about football especially Moshiri

Last edited:

Perhaps Lampard would fit the bill. I'm warming to the idea of him.

Big name, plenty of potential, plays the right way, not a journeyman.
Totally agree.....he laid the foundations for Tuchel and the Champions league winning team. Gives youth a chance and likes pace.
Think he would attract young enthusiastic and hungry players to the club....would be a massive chance for him

Regardless of whether Carlo isn't the best at rebuilding...he's still well equipped to see what a squad or a set of players can or can't do, and the quality needed to get where we need to.

We've tried 5 different managers in different styles, to ignore Carlos views on this squad and feel someone can come in and "do better" is a recipe for disaster.

As for the change in manager in a development stage and being successful...if you can name a club that doesn't involve Chelsea etc who have foundations based on quality that have done this...feel free cos I can't name one.

In my view...a new manager has to come in and completely rip the whole squad apart, be able to rebuild over years, and not expect to be hunting champions league football right now or next year.
Who's talking about ignoring Ancelotti's views? You have this weird habit of inventing arguments that aren't being put forward in an attempt to further your point.

The rest of it is just the age old circular argument, same as when someone asks you to name a potential manager or signing. Yu can't pick teams who are better than us because that's not fair, and you can't pick teams who are worse than us because that's not the same, so you have to find an example of a team who has literally gone from 12th and 10th to 7th and 6th otherwise it doesn't count. It's pretty pointless but it means you always 'win' the argument so it's not uncommon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back