New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Please change OP as the poll should read
    • Eddie Howe (ferret) no one seriously wants him do they?
    • David Moyes (Gollum) Put the project in reverse gear
    • Nuno Espírito Santo (Gandalf) Possibly the most boring manager alive
    • Rafael Benitez (FSW) Liverpool, Newcastle, China what a pedigree?
    • Big Dunc (Big Dunc is a fictional character) 4 games managerial experience - has the pashun
    • Antonio Conte (Younger Carlo - Italian Job) Never coming here unless for cash - the wrong reason
    • Erik ten Hag (Dutch Silva) just don't you dare....
    • Sergio Conceicao (archetypal angry dwarf) certainly has the pashun we need
    • Ralf Rangnick (Megamind) Sees identity as key... hmmm!
    • Other
      • Steven Gerard (Slippy G) just absolutely No!
      • Frank Lampard (Fat Frank) just absolutely No!
      • Jurgen Klinsmann (Lucius Malfoy) is he still alive?
      • Marcelo Gallardo (Kaiser Soze) the gamble of all gambles
      • Mauricio Pochettino (serial non winner) Never coming here.
      • Graham Potter (Clean Harry) Doesnt look the part at all

Super NES doesn’t really excite me to be honest

Sean Dyche’s 4-4-2 smashed his wolves side to pieces

I don’t think he’d relegate us like Howe potentially would, but I doubt he’d succeed here either

Conte is a short term fix and we’ll have even more aging players on the books by the time his reign ends in 18-24 months

Despite that, he’s probably the pick of the bunch

I think Loew would be a genuinely exciting hire, and if the DoF model is as great as the fans of it say then he can just focus on the coaching whilst Brands handles the rest, so his long stint in international management shouldn’t make it too difficult for him to adapt
Loew has managed some exceptional players at their peaks and won big trophies.

He can’t manage Tom Davies, Iwobi and Cenk Tosun mate.

Who's talking about ignoring Ancelotti's views? You have this weird habit of inventing arguments that aren't being put forward in an attempt to further your point.

The rest of it is just the age old circular argument, same as when someone asks you to name a potential manager or signing. Yu can't pick teams who are better than us because that's not fair, and you can't pick teams who are worse than us because that's not the same, so you have to find an example of a team who has literally gone from 12th and 10th to 7th and 6th otherwise it doesn't count. It's pretty pointless but it means you always 'win' the argument so it's not uncommon.

Not at all. The point made is I don't feel that in the situation we are in a manager will come in and do a better job than Carlo did with this set of players. This is due to the fact that a top experienced manager knows what it takes to be a top team, what the players need mentally (which he repeated in the last month of his tenure), and he didn't see it with the majority of this squad.

Additionally, the core of this squad have played under different managers, different systems, and failed them also. So from every angle there is a problem at the based of the playing squad to get to a place of success.

So overall, the new manager has to come in, has to make huge changes, and be given the time. In this case, challenging for a top 4 spot etc is something, IMO, we shouldn't even consider until that is done.

Super NES doesn’t really excite me to be honest

Sean Dyche’s 4-4-2 smashed his wolves side to pieces

I don’t think he’d relegate us like Howe potentially would, but I doubt he’d succeed here either

Conte is a short term fix and we’ll have even more aging players on the books by the time his reign ends in 18-24 months

Despite that, he’s probably the pick of the bunch

I think Loew would be a genuinely exciting hire, and if the DoF model is as great as the fans of it say then he can just focus on the coaching whilst Brands handles the rest, so his long stint in international management shouldn’t make it too difficult for him to adapt
Do you have a poster of loew on your wall? You seem to be a major yet rare advocate of his. Personally believe he's been involved in international football way too long and then to step into the mire that is everton would be too daunting for him.

Not at all. The point made is I don't feel that in the situation we are in a manager will come in and do a better job than Carlo did with this set of players. This is due to the fact that a top experienced manager knows what it takes to be a top team, what the players need mentally (which he repeated in the last month of his tenure), and he didn't see it with the majority of this squad.

Additionally, the core of this squad have played under different managers, different systems, and failed them also. So from every angle there is a problem at the based of the playing squad to get to a place of success.

So overall, the new manager has to come in, has to make huge changes, and be given the time. In this case, challenging for a top 4 spot etc is something, IMO, we shouldn't even consider until that is done.

It’s gonna take at least another 2/3 years now for us to get into that top 8 let alone top 4.

As you pointed out yesterday any new manager coming in now will want to keep his players and get a feel for how the play and what they’re made of, we already know.... it’s going to be grim seeing likes of Gomes, Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Delph. Holgate & Davies getting minutes again, can’t wait for the new manager to be scrutinised for not being able to make them close down and press like the top manager Bielsa does with Leeds.

As bad as it finished for Mourinho as Spurs, in a cup final and fighting for Europe Jose has an overall win percentage of 60%. Scoring 625 and conceding 305, he is the next best out there IMO.

Yes he has gone to Roma (Or has he yet?), I`m sure they`d be open to a bit of compo to release him......

Why would a team select a manager then immediately want to sell him to us?

• Please change OP as the poll should read
    • Eddie Howe (ferret) no one seriously wants him do they?
    • David Moyes (Gollum) Put the project in reverse gear
    • Nuno Espírito Santo (Gandalf) Possibly the most boring manager alive
    • Rafael Benitez (FSW) Liverpool, Newcastle, China what a pedigree?
    • Big Dunc (Big Dunc is a fictional character) 4 games managerial experience - has the pashun
    • Antonio Conte (Younger Carlo - Italian Job) Never coming here unless for cash - the wrong reason
    • Erik ten Hag (Dutch Silva) just don't you dare....
    • Sergio Conceicao (archetypal angry dwarf) certainly has the pashun we need
    • Ralf Rangnick (Megamind) Sees identity as key... hmmm!
    • Other
      • Steven Gerard (Slippy G) just absolutely No!
      • Frank Lampard (Fat Frank) just absolutely No!
      • Jurgen Klinsmann (Lucius Malfoy) is he still alive?
      • Marcelo Gallardo (Kaiser Soze) the gamble of all gambles
      • Mauricio Pochettino (serial non winner) Never coming here.
      • Graham Potter (Clean Harry) Doesnt look the part at all
That’s 15 managers you have ruled out haha. Who you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back