New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. The point made is I don't feel that in the situation we are in a manager will come in and do a better job than Carlo did with this set of players. This is due to the fact that a top experienced manager knows what it takes to be a top team, what the players need mentally (which he repeated in the last month of his tenure), and he didn't see it with the majority of this squad.

Additionally, the core of this squad have played under different managers, different systems, and failed them also. So from every angle there is a problem at the based of the playing squad to get to a place of success.

So overall, the new manager has to come in, has to make huge changes, and be given the time. In this case, challenging for a top 4 spot etc is something, IMO, we shouldn't even consider until that is done.
I've said many, many, times that top 4 as an expectation should be miles off anyone's radar. We're years away from that level. European qualification is a totally different thing. Finishing 7th out of 20 with the budget we have really shouldn't be asking too much.

You think Ancelotti was the answer, I think he was a big part of the problem. We'll just have to see how it goes I suppose, but the new manager has to do very little to be an improvement in my eyes.

Eddie Howe and Big Dunc.

Nuno's done well at Wolves. Would be acceptable if he brings in local lads / British players on loan.

And let's face it, beating 10th place is also achieveable...

Screenshot_20210602_141639_com.twitter.android.webp

It's obviously going to be Nuno. The club are putting out the old "it's a choice of 'guy A' or Moyes lads" so that the ones disappointed with Nuno reluctantly accept as its better than Moyes coming home

No to moyes feels like a regression and it doesn't make sense he seems to be thriving at west ham why would he come back so he can further regaled by Kenwright stories of how he was a true blue? So tired of the same names being bandied about

thankfully its only sky trying to make me thrown myself into the river at the minute, i'll wait for something more credible before doing it

View attachment 129110

It's obviously going to be Nuno. The club are putting out the old "it's a choice of 'guy A' or Moyes lads" so that the ones disappointed with Nuno reluctantly accept as its better than Moyes coming home
I'd rather have Moyes.

But this theory doesn't make much sense to me because I don't think Moyes is really an option. He has a job that he's well settled at and would most likely say no to us.

What happens with these polls time after time is whenever there's media sway towards one name, everyone then votes for that name.

Watch the Nuno vote fly up now from 5%.

View attachment 129110

It's been 24 hours. They won't have finalised targets yet. Last time we had all this as well and then we got ancelotti .
People need to relax a little

Nuno would be great as we could continue the great style wars of 2020/21.

Joking aside I do raise an eyebrow at his closeness with Jorge Mendes who frankly wants a club willing to shell out fees (including agent fees) for players on his rosta (or his agency). Worked okay for Wolves until the board got cold feet in terms of spending money. Suddenly they've left and Mendes is saying Nuno wants a club with ambition and financial resource.

Be interesting to see how it pans out down at Molinueux next season.

Anyway, I would be cautious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back