New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the most recent story by Paddy and Greg in The Athletic and seeing Brands is an admirer of Potter has given restored my faith in his process and makes me think he should be the one making all the decisions from now on. Imo Potter and Everton are a perfect match and I believe we will finally progress as we should be with him managing and Brands working behind the scenes.

Was just coming on to post this. First actual legitimate link I've seen to him.

He never had money before. We all know how important finances are.
Doesn't mean with money he'll be better. He's an extremely good manager that will get us back to where we were. I just feel he might be out of his depth to take us beyond that, i.e where leicester are. If he gets appointed i'll definitely back him, it's just a concern i have

I like Howe and enjoyed watching his team BUT I never saw him evolve as a manager. They went down playing the same way as the played in season 1 when they should have evolved into a much more defensively solid experienced premier league unit.

That inability to evolve and learn makes me worry we have a Martinez / Silva no plan B man and no ability to be pragmatic and improve on basic weaknesses.

This may be hugely unfair on Howe who did some job to get them to the Premier League and an amazing job to keep them there for a few seasons.

But it is too much of a risk to leave our bravehearts in the hands of a man who may not be able to set them up to defend properly.

But then you would get Sean Dyche who is also not good enough seemingly.

I think we just need to have a little bit of patience with this, yes preseason isn't far off, but what I don't want it to jump in balls deep with some manager we are going to sack in 12 months, which we would with a Moyes, Rafael etc.

Spurs have had a lot more time and still struggling, I think we are probably a little more flexible 1 with budgets and 2 with salary then Levy will be so I expect them to go for a little longer.

All I want is a thorough process with ALL the right managers considered, I don't want romantic bill clouding the subject, if brands is doing it properly and it takes 2 weeks to interview all candidates and he makes an appointment sound, if it takes longer and we end up with one of the beaten path - Brands won't be running the show it'll be an internal battle for the appointment IMO.

Have a list of who should be considered, but the list of people we shouldn't touch with a barge pole is huge. Just on the Potter subject, ill be honest, I don't know enough about him or watched Brighton enough - I don't know what football they play but this who xG stuff doesn't fly with me, if he got relegated this season with a boss xG no-one would be running for him I feel. He MIGHT be a good manager, but there's nothing to suggest he should make the jump to us yet imo.

85 played, 22 wins, 29 draws, 34 losses and a 25.9% win ratio over the 2 years..... but he plays nice football and is a perfect fit for mid table Everton so lets get him hired.

Honestly, i will never understand some Evertonians. We have got to be aiming for a lot better than Graham Potter no matter how nice a guy he is.

85 played, 22 wins, 29 draws, 34 losses and a 25.9% win ratio over the 2 years..... but he plays nice football and is a perfect fit for mid table Everton so lets get him hired.

Honestly, i will never understand some Evertonians. We have got to be aiming for a lot better than Graham Potter no matter how nice a guy he is.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Reactions: Lob
Reading the most recent story by Paddy and Greg in The Athletic and seeing Brands is an admirer of Potter has given restored my faith in his process and makes me think he should be the one making all the decisions from now on. Imo Potter and Everton are a perfect match and I believe we will finally progress as we should be with him managing and Brands working behind the scenes.

The less involved the super agents, the better. Moshiri has been blindsided too much by people who don't have the long term interests of the club at heart.

It would be good news. There can be an equally legitimate process if it results in the appointment of a manager of whom they will have familiarity.

Only thing being a possibly messy and drawn-out process to obtain permission to speak to him etc. That could drag on and on and its not in anyone's interest.

Not saying we are angels, but we did the right thing when Ancelotti wanted to go. No messing.

There seems to be an in-built tribalism and immaturity when it comes to PL-PL manager transfers, even though they almost always get pushed through in the end.

I think we just need to have a little bit of patience with this, yes preseason isn't far off, but what I don't want it to jump in balls deep with some manager we are going to sack in 12 months, which we would with a Moyes, Rafael etc.

Spurs have had a lot more time and still struggling, I think we are probably a little more flexible 1 with budgets and 2 with salary then Levy will be so I expect them to go for a little longer.

All I want is a thorough process with ALL the right managers considered, I don't want romantic bill clouding the subject, if brands is doing it properly and it takes 2 weeks to interview all candidates and he makes an appointment sound, if it takes longer and we end up with one of the beaten path - Brands won't be running the show it'll be an internal battle for the appointment IMO.

Have a list of who should be considered, but the list of people we shouldn't touch with a barge pole is huge. Just on the Potter subject, ill be honest, I don't know enough about him or watched Brighton enough - I don't know what football they play but this who xG stuff doesn't fly with me, if he got relegated this season with a boss xG no-one would be running for him I feel. He MIGHT be a good manager, but there's nothing to suggest he should make the jump to us yet imo.

I get the xG point you're making, but think of it as a reason to look at him a bit more. Nobody has ever been relegated with a boss xG to the best of my knowledge (only one I'm vaguely aware of would be WBA in 2018 where they finished bottom despite having an xG which would have had them 13th with a par performance).

Brighton's performance last season would have had them 5th by the same metric. It isn't a reason to appoint him, but it's an indicator that he may be doing something right and to take a closer look to see if the way he sets teams up etc may translate well with a better team. One point I'd make re Potter is despite the xG stuff, the thing I like about him is that he's demonstrated an ability to change the identity of a club whilst not suffering on the pitch (plenty of managers have tried to play nice football and got webbed because of it), Brighton's defensive record has improved under him even if you ignore the xG stuff. Everton are crying out for an identity.

He wouldn't be managing Brighton though would he?

He would (theoretically) be managing better players with more money to spend.

Things need to be looked at relatively.

I would do anything to get Thomas Frank or Bielsa. We need a football professor who wont let our players get away with murder.

Would love to see the list of who has applied for the role.
Good to see the board not panicking and I am sure the recruitment process is being handled very professionally (meaning Kenwright not involved).

Agree a lot of negativity on Nuno but he has done a lot better with Wolves than Potter has done with Brighton.
Yes maybe Wolves have spend more money but still 2 7th place finishes with Wolves i rate higher than Potter keeping Brighton in the PL. Besides Nuno can still tap in the Portuguese market despite Mendes having a stake in Wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.