New Everton Stadium Discussion

I wonder if Moshiri will give a valedictory speech when he leaves? He might just give a perfunctory press release. But I'd love it if he did give an honest assessment about where it went wrong, why it went wrong and who (apart from him) shoulders the blame. Could be interesting.
Have to say for all the woes he’s delivered, if this latest take over goes through and we get the stadium, Mosh will have had a more positive impact in his 7 years than Bill had in his 17 or so.

Have to say for all the woes he’s delivered, if this latest take over goes through and we get the stadium, Mosh will have had a more positive impact in his 7 years than Bill had in his 17 or so.

I'd agree. Certainly been a horrible period and massively disappointing, but ironically he'll hopefully do something neither the Moores family, Peter Johnson nor Kenwright managed to do and that is sell to the best people looking to buy us.

Letting Kenwright stopping us being a global force is unforgivable.

But a world class football stadium on the waterfront we’ve always dreamt of? He deserves some credit (or Usmanov).

True. Mosh has delivered a Stadium worthy of a water front spot and a potential money maker. BK refused a state of art stadium for self preservation

Kenwright should have been run out of Liverpool after kings dock.

Should have been locked up for even proposing a stadium on a supermarket car park in Kirby.

Sadly it’s taken two decades and his passing for people to finally cotton on which in that time our competitors surged ahead whilst we stagnated.

I do wonder about the clubs marketing about the stadium to the public in general. Notwithstanding its use in the next Euros chatting to a Leicester fan on holiday he made a sneering sort of comment about the stadium as if it were a ghost project that was never going to be happen. I told him it was nearly complete and I could see he thought I was in some sort of fantasy land. Good PR opportunities ahead, and a lot of fans around the country are in for a shock

I do wonder about the clubs marketing about the stadium to the public in general. Notwithstanding its use in the next Euros chatting to a Leicester fan on holiday he made a sneering sort of comment about the stadium as if it were a ghost project that was never going to be happen. I told him it was nearly complete and I could see he thought I was in some sort of fantasy land. Good PR opportunities ahead, and a lot of fans around the country are in for a shock

Good point. Some of the TV and press still refer to it as Everton's "proposed" new stadium, as if it was still on the drawing board. I think a big name artist doing a few concerts there next summer is what we need to bring the place to the attention of non-football fans. I don't think the new owners would miss up on that opportunity.

On another note, they might also revisit the decision not to move mid-winter. Personally, I think they should do

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.