New Everton Stadium Discussion

The North Docks area will be unrecognisable in the next ten years. BMD has kick started the whole redevelopment of this underused part of the City which is exactly what is needed and will draw in £billions in revenue for years to come. Once again, the Senior Club leads from the front but will never be given the acknowledgement or acclaim it so richly deserves. In fact, the RS will probably turn it all around by saying we were 'forced' to make the move because of our desperation to prise ourselves away from living in the shadow of the 'hole punch' stadium.

But, you know, as long as WE know is all that matters.

Grow up. I’m a soon to be Everton da and im proud of it.

You’ve just made what’s a light hearted comment to cause offence/division yourself.
Grow up? Im 60 in a few years. Lol 😂 Just wish people would quit the Everton Das, or Park End das, etc rubbish (not just you btw). Were all Blues, in the same boat together fella ;)

The North Docks area will be unrecognisable in the next ten years. BMD has kick started the whole redevelopment of this underused part of the City which is exactly what is needed and will draw in £billions in revenue for years to come. Once again, the Senior Club leads from the front but will never be given the acknowledgement or acclaim it so richly deserves. In fact, the RS will probably turn it all around by saying we were 'forced' to make the move because of our desperation to prise ourselves away from living in the shadow of the 'hole punch' stadium.

But, you know, as long as WE know is all that matters.

It's been suggested that one of the reasons Usmanov got involved was Liverpool Waters. Now it's been suggested that is the reason why TFG are buying us is the same. I hope so. Imagine the whole area being done up and been associated with EFC. I'd be made up, personally.

I was in Noveau Brighton today, and what I can exclusively tell you is that the Everton’s new Olympic Stadium looks magnificent and majestic in the Summer sunshine from across the water.

Additionally, the atmosphere was very relaxed and enjoyable and a lovely aroma of cannabis permeated through the warm summer air.

It's been suggested that one of the reasons Usmanov got involved was Liverpool Waters. Now it's been suggested that is the reason why TFG are buying us is the same. I hope so. Imagine the whole area being done up and been associated with EFC. I'd be made up, personally.
We need a load of quality jobs to really kick on as a city. And what's worrying for cities like Liverpool is the current higher education policies which are curtailing student numbers.

I don't see too many positives in flats being built and purchased only to be let/left empty by remote landlords.

The fact there's still so much vacant space around Princes Dock is damning.

With more remote working here to stay, particularly for younger generations, the initial Peel plan that were heavy on the office/residential mix is having to be adapted.

Our stadium arguably opened the door to that shift with the new draft master plan having more up front opportunities for green spaces, river views, cultural assets (leisure, retail, heritage/arts, community).

This kind of mixed space has worked elsewhere (notably USA) in attracting younger people to live, work and play in the ‘village’. It is more complex and cost/return risky for the developers but potentially more sustainable.

It needs both an iconic employer or two and an iconic attraction to bookend BMD to really make it hum. The City, Region and MPs should be locked with Peel to find ways to attract anchor businesses.

It is a similar story on Wirral where I grew up but even harder to do because, though this pains me, Liverpool is sexier.

There is at least a bit more momentum on both sides than before BMD so fingers crossed.

Decent that for a first flight at the stadium

Well done
Sound that mate 👍
thanks, I didn't have a clue what I was doing,i need to plan it better.

I started a YouTube channel a few months back, had a really tough year as my daughter was diagnosed with cancer, thankfully she is gonna be ok. I became friends with Colin from cp-overview and he encouraged me to start a channel. some Everton footage on there but gonna do the stadium a bit but thatnks for the support

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.