New Everton Stadium Discussion

Listen mate not having a go at you but would have thought this would have been done some time ago.
If its (as we are hearing) close to announcement, assurance's of finance should well be in place.
You cant agree to buy something without showing the means to pay for it beforehand.
KD and Kirkby??

You can go a long way down the road before having to ante up.

KD and Kirkby??

Think its a totally different ballgame dealing with the notoriously difficult Peel Dave.
As some point in the initial negotiations Peel will have seen the plans and asked How is this to be financed.They wouldnt be dealing with anyone that couldnt prove finance for a significant part of their vision.
Imo this is a lot further along than reported.

FWIW I wish Joe Anderson would just keep what he knows to himself , it'll happen when it happens.

FWIW:

Durban set to be stripped of 2022 Commonwealth Games after late rescue effort fails

A search to find a new city to host the 2022 Commonwealth Games is set to be launched here this weekend with Durban expected to be stripped of the event after a last-ditch attempt to save it failed.

The Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) are set to reluctantly accept that the South African city will not be able to stage an event it was awarded in September 2015.

The CGF's ruling Executive Board will hear a presentation from President Louise Martin and chief executive David Grevemberg, who will admit that they have been unable to obtain the necessary financial guarantees from the South African Government.

The CGF have already started speaking to potential replacements, with Liverpool publicly putting themselves forward.

But an Australian city may also willing to step in at short notice, although this would mean consecutive Commonwealth Games in the same country as Gold Coast are due to stage next year's event.

Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson has written to Britain's Sports Minister Tracey Crouch seeking her support for his city to become Durban's replacement.

His offer, however, has caused a political row in the city where Councillor Richard Kemp has dismissed the idea as a "gimmick", claiming it would cost £1 billion ($1.2 billion/€1.1 billion) to stage, with Anderson having not revealed how he would fund it.

An official decision on Durban is expected to be made towards the end of tomorrow [today], the first of two days of meetings due to take place at Quadrant House in London's Pall Mall.

http://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...onwealth-games-after-late-rescue-effort-fails

Think its a totally different ballgame dealing with the notoriously difficult Peel Dave.
As some point in the initial negotiations Peel will have seen the plans and asked How is this to be financed.They wouldnt be dealing with anyone that couldnt prove finance for a significant part of their vision.
Imo this is a lot further along than reported.

FWIW I wish Joe Anderson would just keep what he knows to himself , it'll happen when it happens.
Moshiri hasn't got £400M for a stadium. Joe Anderson cant provide anything. It'll take a huge naming rights deal for the stadium to turn ambition into reality finance wise and that source of funding is going to be tough to drive a deal on.

Really, what do Peel lose out on hearing that Everton have cash for a piece of land sometime in the future? They shrug their shoulders. Everton will have to do a lot more to secure this than what's apparently about to be announced.

Moshiri hasn't got £400M for a stadium. Joe Anderson cant provide anything. It'll take a huge naming rights deal for the stadium to turn ambition into reality finance wise and that source of funding is going to be tough to drive a deal on.

Really, what do Peel lose out on hearing that Everton have cash for a piece of land sometime in the future? They shrug their shoulders. Everton will have to do a lot more to secure this than what's apparently about to be announced.

You know how much absolute tosh your spouting recently. How did arsenal finance there's?? Did the board put their hands in the pocket and pay for it??

Answers on a postcard

KD and Kirkby??

Sadly, this is my position as well. I still get a pang of anger when I walk past the Echo Arena and think what could have been. I'm really optimistic about BMD but I've been burned too many times before to get to excited at the moment.

You know how much absolute tosh your spouting recently. How did arsenal finance there's?? Did the board put their hands in the pocket and pay for it??

Answers on a postcard
Haha. I thought for a second there you were comparing CL regular participants and global commercial force, Arsenal, with us and our situation....oh, you were.

Unreal.

Thinking cap on then type...in that order.

Haha. I thought for a second there you were comparing CL regular participants and global commercial force, Arsenal, with us and our situation....oh, you were.

Unreal.

Thinking cap on then type...in that order.

Financing was still carried out by a loan.

Can't believe you that dim to think that a stadium would be funded by a singe person

Words fail me