New Everton Stadium

If there are no ITKs then they shouldn't be going round telling blues they there's an announcement happening in x weeks. If there is an announcement, there must be a reason for it which you would assume there would be evidence to back up.

Totally agree but I don't know of anybody going round saying that. The only date I heard was somebody connecting the property conference with an announcement. Others have this quoted and re-quoted it until it's become almost fact but to anybody with a reasonable view there's nothing there again but conjecture.

You still persisting with this mate? If anything you should look at it the other way, there is nothing, and I mean nothing out there to even begin to make anyone doubt this is on. Not one single reason has been put forward to stop this, not money, not objections to building on the docks, nothing, you say it's just speculation? How come there is no speculation that it wont happen? Because if there was any reason why this won't or can't go ahead you can be sure someone would of picked up and ran with it by now.
Basically nothing is going to get n our way!!!!

It being Everton is doubt enough. :D

Lads, just accept it's going to be Stonebridge Cross. More money will then be spent on the actual construction of the stadium.

The docks would cost a fortune for the enabling works. Docks drained etc etc.

The longer no news goes on, the more likely it will be Stonebridge cross.

would you mind if I cried a little if that happened moomin..............then rejoiced at the bonus of it being a short walk away!

only joking, would be a miserable thought but I certainly haven't ruled it out that it may just be a 99.9% probability

Lads, just accept it's going to be Stonebridge Cross. More money will then be spent on the actual construction of the stadium.

The whole of the Liverpool waterfront is man-made. In this era of space travel I wouldn't worry too much about filling in a dock.

I know it's in every Evertonians nature to expect us not to get what we should but for once I actually believe the club will pull the Bradley Moore deal off. Moshiri strikes me as a very single minded operator and one keen to make the most of commercial opportunities and increasing revenue streams. The dockside site will give us more scope for sponsorship and additional income streams.
The council seems to have bought into it too and I believe that the bridge on great Howard st would have been filled in rather than reinforced if it wasn't for the fact they are already planning the train station and the line into the ground using the old line from there.
For once I would actually put a bet on Everton and getting this over the line.

I think its pretty clever of Everton, There keeping there cards close to there chest, There not going to go to Peel and say look this is the only place we want to buy. There going to go there say look we like this place we would like to buy it but if you try and put the price sky high because were a football club then we will go to Stonebridge as theres a nice bit of land that the council will quite happily give us on the cheap and its also easy to build on.

Peel will want this to go though they haven't exactly got loads of people lining up with the money to go and buy a huge plot of land that will have the pulling power like Everton to kick off the other side of the docks. They're business people they want the money and infrastructure

I think its pretty clever of Everton, There keeping there cards close to there chest, There not going to go to Peel and say look this is the only place we want to buy. There going to go there say look we like this place we would like to buy it but if you try and put the price sky high because were a football club then we will go to Stonebridge as theres a nice bit of land that the council will quite happily give us on the cheap and its also easy to build on.

Peel will want this to go though they haven't exactly got loads of people lining up with the money to go and buy a huge plot of land that will have the pulling power like Everton to kick off the other side of the docks. They're business people they want the money and infrastructure

Peel will also be prepared to sit it out, they will be in no rush to lower it's price to us.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back