New Everton Stadium

just been watching the video on the future on stadiums which has Dan Meis on it and he goes on about having different levels of the ground and having it blend in the surroundings and a below ground stadium, well the docks is perfect for that as its already been dug out and would really trap the atmosphere of the crowed and give it a nice steep stands look.

There was also a great idea about being able to boost the capacity when needed by around 10,000 and then when not needed lower the tier to make it back to the original size

like this -
a-view-of-the-same-end-of-the-stadium-from-the-inside-reveals-that-the-lower-level-below-the-black-line-is-actually-built-below-ground-level-with-an-enormous-video-board-that-circles-that-end-of-the-stadium.jpg

video - https://t.co/RK7eUNxPp3

I wonder if we can do a below ground level pitch being so close to the water table ? Besides Big Stand FC Nedd putting in place and we won't do that with a stand you can't see from North Wales!!

just been watching the video on the future on stadiums which has Dan Meis on it and he goes on about having different levels of the ground and having it blend in the surroundings and a below ground stadium, well the docks is perfect for that as its already been dug out and would really trap the atmosphere of the crowed and give it a nice steep stands look.

There was also a great idea about being able to boost the capacity when needed by around 10,000 and then when not needed lower the tier to make it back to the original size

like this -
a-view-of-the-same-end-of-the-stadium-from-the-inside-reveals-that-the-lower-level-below-the-black-line-is-actually-built-below-ground-level-with-an-enormous-video-board-that-circles-that-end-of-the-stadium.jpg

How do they boost the capacity by 10000?

like this -

cheers for posting this mate, good watch that.

The bit about building an extra 10k seats was interesting. I know people don't believe what I've said but I did get told, that the was plans to add an extra 10k seats in the future.

Is this dan fella known for adding seats into his stadiums?

The bit about building an extra 10k seats was interesting. I know people don't believe what I've said but I did get told, that the was plans to add an extra 10k seats in the future.

Is this dan fella known for adding seats into his stadiums?

I have no idea mate, I'm guessing so as that video is pretty much based on him.

I was going to have a scout around the net to see if it's been done.

An alleged "ITK" on another building forum reckoned that Peel have requested the stadium be built in the dock and not on it.
This was a few months back , think It might of been on Skyscraper City.

An alleged "ITK" on another building forum reckoned that Peel have requested the stadium be built in the dock and not on it.
This was a few months back , think It might of been on Skyscraper City.

By utilising the depth of the dock, it would serve two purposes. It would mean that we could effectively keep the docks retaining walls, and the height the stadium itself will be reduced by about 10m, both would have a positive effect of the WHS.

By utilising the depth of the dock, it would serve two purposes. It would mean that we could effectively keep the docks retaining walls, and the height the stadium itself will be reduced by about 10m, both would have a positive effect of the WHS.

Sorry, what's the WHS?

Thanks in advance.

I wonder if we can do a below ground level pitch being so close to the water table ? Besides Big Stand FC Nedd putting in place and we won't do that with a stand you can't see from North Wales!!

Shouldn't be an issue at worst it will just be like a dry dock after they sort the floor out.

I would be happy enough even if our stadium from the outside isn't as tall as that lots, as long as its bigger and more imposing inside.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back