New Everton Stadium

It's obviously referring to the BMD stadium capacity, not the Roma one where the capacity is known (why would a capacity of 52,000 be "mentioned"?).

The journalist has confirmed this himself when asked, as stated a few posts up. He's also said it was a guesstimate. And it is the Daily Fail. So that 52k is referring to BMD, but it's hardly worth worrying about
Screenshot_2017-03-06-18-10-28.webp

You're welcome

I'm sorry but I think that quote is directly in relation to Roma

The wheels are in motion. US architect Dan Meis, whose new Colosseum-inspired Stadio della Roma on the banks of the Tiber is set to open in 2019, has been commissioned. A capacity of 52,000 has been mentioned.
Without wanting to turn this into an English lesson, imagine the paragraph read "I am going for a pint tonight. I'm going to a new pub in town, it's a wetherspoons, like the one in lime street station. I've never been before." It would be quite clear that I'd never been to the new pub, no? You wouldn't think I'd never been to a wetherspoons, or lime street station, you would realise the subject of the last sentence is the same as the first 2 - the new pub. The same applies here, the subject of the first 2 sentences is BMD, so why would the 3rd be about Roma?

Without wanting to turn this into an English lesson, imagine the paragraph read "I am going for a pint tonight. I'm going to a new pub in town, it's a wetherspoons, like the one in lime street station. I've never been before." It would be quite clear that I'd never been to the new pub, no? You wouldn't think I'd never been to a wetherspoons, or lime street station, you would realise the subject of the last sentence is the same as the first 2 - the new pub. The same applies here, the subject of the first 2 sentences is BMD, so why would the 3rd be about Roma?

The wheels are in motion. US architect Dan Meis, whose new Colosseum-inspired Stadio della Roma on the banks of the Tiber is set to open in 2019, has been commissioned. A capacity of 52,000 has been mentioned.

Is what was said.

Who gives one if it was relevant to ours or Roma? It was only a guess anyway. It wasn't am official line so is irrelevant anyway.
We'll find out sooner or later what the capacity will be, so let's moan about it then if need be.

Even accounting for an increase in corporate hospitality a figure of 52,000 only put 12k on what we currently get. Even the RS put 10k on their attendance by way of developing the main stand. In my opinion, it will be minimum 55k but more realistically a 60k seater.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back