New Everton Stadium

I know mate!...the wise money was on what the true wannabe stadium ITK said...
View attachment 35074
View attachment 35075
View attachment 35076
View attachment 35077
View attachment 35078
...how people are still taking you seriously for stadium news I'll never know!!!

Another truly savage vaulting

Everyone loves a vault

Another thing to consider is the orientation of the stadium. By using the dock, it will be in a different orientation to what is optimum for corporate seats and the television. The best rotation is side onto the Mersey. This is likely why they are supposedly looking at using a section of Nelson as well. That would kaibosh using the dock basins as they'd have to 'bridge' or cut through the existing walls.

Yeah that's a huge unknown. If the stadium is built in the correct orientation it lines up nicely with the Lucas Oil big window situation looking into town but also opens up the waterside for the new Main Stand which surely would have premium facilities.

Would having the lower half of the stadium built into the dock help with atmosphere?

Atmosphere should be generated by the design of the seating bowl/tiers. Once inside you shouldn't necessarily know you were below street level. Sunderland's ground (albeit an awful design) has its lower tier built under street level but means there are no facilities at all 'behind' the terrace it's all at mid-point and above.

Dan Meis is in town.

He's just posted a picture on instagram of the of Dixie Dean banner on Goodison with the caption "never gets old ... #Everton #goodison park #wedonotchoosewearechosen"

Tried to print screen it and put it on here but my phones having none of it.
As a fellow 'international' supporter of Everton, this makes me cringe a bit. Dan Meis, like the rest of us who aren't from Liverpool, chose to support Everton. Terrible choice, yet my best ever choice.

One thing Barcelona done was to expand their stadium downwards and lower the pitch.

In some situations it can be a cheaper way to add a few thousand to the capacity. You'd have to design it with that in mind so that the front row of seats wouldn't be as close as you'd initially hope them to be, but in time the front row would be.

One thing Barcelona done was to expand their stadium downwards and lower the pitch.

In some situations it can be a cheaper way to add a few thousand to the capacity. You'd have to design it with that in mind so that the front row of seats wouldn't be as close as you'd initially hope them to be, but in time the front row would be.
If you plan to do that in the future, we'd have to plan in pitch side size to do it, or have the dreaded running track. Can't just go down without going in.

If you plan to do that in the future, we'd have to plan in pitch side size to do it, or have the dreaded running track. Can't just go down without going in.

That's what I meant by the front row of seats not being as close as you'd like. You could possibly do it in Goodison, though not sure how the views would be affected at the rear of the Upper Gwladys Street.

just been watching the video on the future on stadiums which has Dan Meis on it and he goes on about having different levels of the ground and having it blend in the surroundings and a below ground stadium, well the docks is perfect for that as its already been dug out and would really trap the atmosphere of the crowed and give it a nice steep stands look.

There was also a great idea about being able to boost the capacity when needed by around 10,000 and then when not needed lower the tier to make it back to the original size

like this -
a-view-of-the-same-end-of-the-stadium-from-the-inside-reveals-that-the-lower-level-below-the-black-line-is-actually-built-below-ground-level-with-an-enormous-video-board-that-circles-that-end-of-the-stadium.jpg

video - https://t.co/RK7eUNxPp3

you need to expand this to get the big picture/gist

Something like this happened when Barca got rid of their running track
They dropped the pitch then dug the track out at an angle until they got to pitch level, then put the seats and stuff in.

The dock lends it's self to this easy peasy

Commonwealth games here we come.
Thus neatly side stepping the biggy - 'we don't want no 'kin running track anywhere near our ground'

Funding comes in
The games come and go - so does the track. The 48-53K stadium becomes 60k
Job's a goodun
They'll have to press the 'Go' button soon though to get it sorted for 2022.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back