New Everton Stadium

It's going to be interesting to watch the RS go through different stages as our new home progresses.

Currently they are in the 'denial' phase, taking the piss, they can't believe it will never happen kind of comments.

Second stage will come when announcement is made - 'anger' - expect major meltdown in blogs and radio phone in's, letters to MP's and council, bullets in the post, it's a word heritage site, there's a rare red frog only found in BMD, blah blah etc...

When they start to see the stadium actually getting built it will be major depression and they will at that point probably turn on themselves - 'why didn't we build a new stadium on the docks'... 'how come all we have is a new stand'.. 'where's the Suarez money'... . when they drop out of top 4 and see continued success by our team the depression will accelerate

Final stage is acceptance - 'well at least we get to see a game in a nice shiny stadium once a year'
Don't forget the stage where they get all pally and patronising, wishing us well in our new stadium to try and make it seem like we're an irrelevance to them. Desperate stuff.

Don't forget the stage where they get all pally and patronising, wishing us well in our new stadium to try and make it seem like we're an irrelevance to them. Desperate stuff.
That ones already started pal, it happened to me in work Last night all nice, until I said it's the 3rd ground we've built then one gutter rat went feckin nuts, just winked laughed and walked away

Could be a great week in the history of the club just hope any announcement is definitive in confirming a contractural committment has been made and full funding secured.
The Echo ran a story today that speculates on a tie in with a 2022 CWG bid. Would be somewhat underwhelming as it would kick the can down the road.
"By waiting a few more months before signing contracts on a new ground, Everton could save itself a £100m-plus fortune by sharing the construction costs with the Games’ organisers."

Free with Wednesdays echo.

Attachments

• C7YlmgJXwAEmF1b.webp
    C7YlmgJXwAEmF1b.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 157
Could be a great week in the history of the club just hope any announcement is definitive in confirming a contractural committment has been made and full funding secured.
The Echo ran a story today that speculates on a tie in with a 2022 CWG bid. Would be somewhat underwhelming as it would kick the can down the road.
"By waiting a few more months before signing contracts on a new ground, Everton could save itself a £100m-plus fortune by sharing the construction costs with the Games’ organisers."

Would rather spend the money than have a compromised stadium design, if that's what this means. We are spending a ton of money. Let's do this right and build a football stadium with maximum intimidation factor.

That ones already started pal, it happened to me in work Last night all nice, until I said it's the 3rd ground we've built then one gutter rat went feckin nuts, just winked laughed and walked away

I always remember the "friendly" derbies of the 1970's and 80's when they used to "put us in our place",went flying out of the window when Sharpie scorched that one at the tinminelol

Massive helms. Most iconic stadium in world football, they talking about the original wembley during that bit? Our stadium will just be newer not better? Righty-ho keep taking them pills.

Just do a satellite view over their shack the AR stand wouldn't look out of place in a league 2 ground. All it is is a collection of mismatched sheds.

I can't wait for this to be announced my new catchphrase is going to be 'how do you like dem apples' to every RS fan i know.

Love that bit.

Would rather spend the money than have a compromised stadium design, if that's what this means. We are spending a ton of money. Let's do this right and build a football stadium with maximum intimidation factor.

I have a feeling out design is going to be incredible and everyone around Europe will think "wow."

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back